Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
ts high time for a tournament between the best of the best with absolutely 0 restricition. A completely wide open format to allow for the highest quality competition and TRUEST test of the variation made possible with only the given game limitations.

Simple, But effective.

This is going to require the absolute minimum level of organization, communication, and headaches, with these principles.

1. Team captains are the sole playera responsible for submitting their records (screen shot) picking their teams (can change every game) and organizing games (can happen any time)
2. Every skill ship and character class is allowed in any combo (and cross faction)
3. RTL games can take place at ANY time when there are 2 captains online with a team (or no team!)
4. Matches can be anywhere from 1v1 to 10v10 or anything in between (1v10 lol)
5. Teams can vary from game to game, even other team captains can fly with another captain under his banner.

Then after the match a screen of the pvp report can be sent to a sponsoring admins emil who can amend an open web list to be added later with yet tpo be decided points (at first a stat tracker is all thats necessary)

I see this scheme for a tournament system, where after so many weeks or whatever the highest ranked team captains can form teams for a fianl showdown, having the most potential to include more players and have more games.

To elaborate here is an exmple subset of pvp games and how they could be included into this system.
[So me and mikey are the only guys online so we do some 1v1s and i got stomped, mikey sends me mad screenshots of him owning me 1v1.

Later two feds pop up we wrangle them into a ranked game (under my banner) and i get my points back to even.

Then mikeys sob allies come by and back him up in a round of 5v5 vs me and some pick up randoms (i took the chance) and i lost.

Finally it what ends as a 10v9 minimax and allies defeats a team of 10 flying under sobs points leader laser. ]

The limits presented from other constricting styles are gone here. In a game with so few active players yet who have so many characters, it is unfair and unwise to lock them into playing one toon with one set team over a whole "season". With my suggested ideas there could be "non stop" tournament play.

Activity would be rewarded, not just giving the elite a pass when they show up once a month with their preselected 5 man team. U really do work when u form a team and find a good enemy to fight, u should earn reknown.

This is the wave of the future, something cryptic could implement on its own (but wont) and that we can do almost as easy. Anyone from EVE knows about killboards and meticulous data tracking. Imagine, you arrange in advance if this next pvp match is "for realz" and then you keep actual track of what happened. Infinite 1v1 and 10v10.

I think it could be something like this for an idea for points

Winning team leader 5 points
Winning team member 3 points

Losing team leader 2
Losing team 1

Thats all up for discussion, the basic premise and idea isnt tho. GGs thnks for reading
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Sounds a bit too chaotic. I think this is a long shot as it is, but venturing outside of 5v5 guarantees this will never get off the ground imho.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Sounds a bit too chaotic. I think this is a long shot as it is, but venturing outside of 5v5 guarantees this will never get off the ground imho.
going outside of 5v5is the only way to make a pvp league work. if your only good at 5v5 what good are you
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-14-2011, 11:33 PM
They have a word for your idea of a tournament: PvP Queues.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-14-2011, 11:47 PM
That's two words, noob.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
That's two words, noob.
actually its four if you separate the acronym. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2011, 04:11 AM
You got me :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2011, 10:46 AM
It sounds interesting, and I'm always game for a good 1v1 but there seems to be a real aversion to doing that among most people .
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-17-2011, 07:37 AM
1v1's are magnificent. 3v3's are really nice (Friends with Friends). 5v5 = ok (aka. Arena, but can be frustrating) with a good team its epic.

10v10 is too chaotic for me. Not that i cant handle it, i just dont see the fun in it really.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
1v1's are magnificent. 3v3's are really nice (Friends with Friends). 5v5 = ok (aka. Arena, but can be frustrating) with a good team its epic.

10v10 is too chaotic for me. Not that i cant handle it, i just dont see the fun in it really.
One nice thing about being cloaked is we can pick and choose when to fight. Unless of course our BOFF desides he/she has a message for us so we decloak

10 defiants vs 10 defiants who decloaks first?