Lt. Commander
# 31
10-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commander_ricochet View Post
I donīt understand why they never should go live? I think that it would, if you level you char up to VA, be a nice reward for playing them and doing the testing work for cryptic!
Lets say there was some bug which gave that toon a bajillion-zillion DL and doubled the skill cap so it has twice the skills of everybody else. Do you want that toon to go live with those bugs in place?

Edit - And how about if that was someone else's toon and yours was not affected? How about everyone elses toons except yours?

Finally, do you want devs to spend time working on the game for everyone or cleaning up individual toons from test so they can be sent over to live if desired (and possible)?
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Lets say there was some bug which gave that toon a bajillion-zillion DL and doubled the skill cap so it has twice the skills of everybody else. Do you want that toon to go live with those bugs in place?

Edit - And how about if that was someone else's toon and yours was not affected? How about everyone elses toons except yours?

Finally, do you want devs to spend time working on the game for everyone or cleaning up individual toons from test so they can be sent over to live if desired (and possible)?
The problem with the example you brought up is most likely the devs would see it, before it went live. Didn't they find some toons that used an exploit to lvl faster and deleted said toons?

Me? I could care less either way. Would be nice though if we can save our tribble character's looks and move that to holo. I'll relevel my character as I have some friends when f2p hits are coming back to sto.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:

No i donīt want to get a super-everything-toon on holodeck but i donīt see a problem fixing those few toons that might be bugged before they would go to holodeck. Im sure there are some coding already, for that purpose.

Anyway, i donīt see any difference between holodeck, F2P-server or Red shirt-server when it comes to bugs that are there and the amounts of them.

And also- you are asking me if i want the devs to rather be working on the game instead of cleaning up toons?!?!? I mean really?? Working on the game?! Since when did one feel like anybody was actually working on the game other than putting in new stuff in the c-store??
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
And also- you are asking me if i want the devs to rather be working on the game instead of cleaning up toons?!?!? I mean really?? Working on the game?! Since when did one feel like anybody was actually working on the game other than putting in new stuff in the c-store??
No frikkin kidding! I've said it before & I will say it again- this game is BETA @ best. It would be shocking if the devs/programmers got off their posteriors & fixed all the damned bugs, but as we all know that is just not going to happen. But we still continue to get new fluff for the c-store & cloaking continues to be broken, leadership continues to be broken, people still fall through floors... & on & on & on. I often wonder if people who come to cr*ptics defense either have a screw loose or on the cr*ptic payroll?
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
<snip>

I wonder how all those changes on f2p tribble happened? Magic I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
I wonder how all those changes on f2p tribble happened? Magic I guess.
Must be pretty crappy magicians then since they canīt fix anything on holodeck...like the cloaking bug that is now over 9 months old.
(just one of a ton of examples there)
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Must be pretty crappy magicians then since they canīt fix anything on holodeck...like the cloaking bug that is now over 9 months old.
(just one of a ton of examples there)
& lie to us & say they have.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-16-2011, 01:46 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign-swenson
Any word yet as to whether or not we are going to be able to copy our toons from Tribble back over to Holodeck? Be a shame to put this much effort into a toon we'll never get to use for real.
This will never happen.

Levelling a char on Tribble grants you certain rewards, as mentioned in the Path to F2P blog. That's the extent of what we can expect. If you think you're wasting your time since you can't take your progress to Holodeck, don't use Tribble. If you think content on Holodeck is to sparse currently to make it worth going there, cosnider taking a break from STO. But you'll nver see a Tribble to Holodeck export.
Closed Thread