Lt. Commander
# 21
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I hope they fix this soon. I've only recently tried to get on Tribble and have been hit a lot by this bug. I've been hit going from space and from SFA. Choke numbers vary, but generally around 94-96.

edit: the minimize and return does not work for me.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
No, I don't think its a server issue. I have found if you run graphics on low or run in safe mode, the issue doesn't appear. It appears the client is trying to do something at higher graphics that freezes them. The biggest issue is that server considers you 'idling' while you are loading so if the loading screen takes longer than 15 minutes, you are kicked off, even though your client doesn't seem to know.

A little experimentation on my end suggests the Dynamic Lighting and High Detail set to off greatly reduces the chance of this.
Mhm, that would explain things. Those two are major resource hogs, and given the number of people storming the ESD (30+ ships idling outside, at least 50-60 inside) and that both levels are rendered even if you don't see them (so it has to deal with shipyard, sickbay, whatever) would mean quite the amount of objects. I also noticed, that the executable of Tribble always checks your main files if you have everything you need for the area to be loaded. That's why at times it's so sluggish at around 5-6%, then either it loads or on demand patching kicks in. Add the fact that the game runs "behind" the loading screen, could probably be a resource issue. Hmm, come to think of it, coming from the SFA you have ground mode already rendered, as opposed to landing from Sol, which would mean the engine doesn't have to change that much.

Anyway, I'd recommend arriving through the Academy for now, as it seems to help a lot, except when there's the particle event going on :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
Hmm, come to think of it, coming from the SFA you have ground mode already rendered, as opposed to landing from Sol, which would mean the engine doesn't have to change that much.
Addendum, it's not just Sol landing what tends to end up with choked bottleneck of 94-96, same happens also when you return to ESD from either Cure Space or Infected Space. But indeed, arriving through SFA seems to reduce chance of getting stuck quite considerably.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Me too!

(that is all)
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Well, this now explains why I've had this fraking freeze for a while when attempting to dock.

I'll just have to use the Academy from now on...if my character ever loads onto the station first. *sigh*.

ESD zones are certainly 'broken' on the F2P server.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-26-2011, 02:52 PM
I have this problem all the time and found a nice workaround. Once you have leveled all the way to VA, treat ESD like it's under quarantine and avoid it like the plague. I still go to SFA, but with this problem there's really nothing I need in ESD. Maybe if literally no one shows up in ESD they will decide they have to fix this a bit sooner than later.

As if I needed another reason to quit playing the new STFs.