Lt. Commander
# 1 How do you get more Doffs?
10-15-2011, 08:26 PM
I used all my C-Store points to buy Doffs. But that only netted me 49 or so Doffs (44 now due to "Entertianing" mission failure killing 5 doffs).

So I got Tier 1 in Diplo... and got one Doff (that was a Nausican..lol) from the Lt. on SFA.

So how do you get more Doffs? I go to the Request Duty Officer tab..but there is nothing do do there.

Im Currently Capt. 3...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2011, 08:28 PM
The only place my friends and I found was SFA and even then it was rare and has a 24 timer. They basically try to force players to buy doffs from the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-15-2011, 10:18 PM
There's several assignments from SFA (also can show up in earth orbit or ESD occasionally), one giving several randoms and the rest giving one of a specific department with a critical chance to give several of that department, plus the civilian staff assignment that works the same. They're not rare, but they won't show up if you have one running or completed since the last rollover.

There are also rare recruitment assignments that can show up in various sectors to get doffs of a specific species, they work like the department recruitment (one with a critical chance at several), but the reward is fixed race instead of department.

I was up to 55 doffs before the C-store packs were available, playing three days a week. It's not difficult unless you're not focusing your efforts or communicating (doffjobs channel) to cut down on search time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Anyone found a way for Klingon's to get them?

I have bought a load using the 1200 T-CP's, but that is all I've been able to get
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
There's several assignments from SFA (also can show up in earth orbit or ESD occasionally), one giving several randoms and the rest giving one of a specific department with a critical chance to give several of that department, plus the civilian staff assignment that works the same. They're not rare, but they won't show up if you have one running or completed since the last rollover.

There are also rare recruitment assignments that can show up in various sectors to get doffs of a specific species, they work like the department recruitment (one with a critical chance at several), but the reward is fixed race instead of department.

I was up to 55 doffs before the C-store packs were available, playing three days a week. It's not difficult unless you're not focusing your efforts or communicating (doffjobs channel) to cut down on search time.
So those jobs show up if you question someone while at SFA (or in orbit around earth)?

I have yet to see a recruitment mission in sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Its my understanding that the cadres (recruitment assignments) can either net you a specified set of junior officers or random DOFFs. They will net you possible Green DOFFs too.

For Blue/Purple DOffs- it is my understanding that they are only given through the C-store DOFF packs.

I hope I am wrong about that though, but that is what it looks like.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
So those jobs show up if you question someone while at SFA (or in orbit around earth)?

I have yet to see a recruitment mission in sector space.
No, these are part of the assignment system, contained within the doff window.

After the patch, these assignments seem to be substantially more common - five different ones were available for me after the patch, and four of them were back up this morning after I turnedt hem in last night.

The ones in sector space are rare, but thanks to the doffjobs channel I've found six or seven of them. So far I've seen Vulcan and Andorian ones in Sirius, and I believe it was Benzite in Iota Pavonis. There's also one called "Investigate Temporal Anomaly" (not to be confused with "Scan Temporal Anomaly" that gives chronometric data samples) that can show up anywhere, but can only be done once. It gives a purple El-Aurian bartender with traits that make her pretty much an I-win button in a lot of Any Officer slots.

Quote:
For Blue/Purple DOffs- it is my understanding that they are only given through the C-store DOFF packs.
All the blues and purples I have came from in-game recruitment, not C-store packs. Cultural exchange and department recruitment give a higher quality doff on critical success, and cadres can give at least blues, as I got a blue security officer from one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanzir View Post
Anyone found a way for Klingon's to get them?

I have bought a load using the 1200 T-CP's, but that is all I've been able to get
i logged in like five minutes ago and got this assignment:

http://i.imgur.com/gKMoi.jpg

i was standing beside the crafting area in the first city.

question: can anyone tell me the exact method required to join the doff jobs chat?

edit: i got it, nvm.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
The only place my friends and I found was SFA and even then it was rare and has a 24 timer. They basically try to force players to buy doffs from the C-store.
I disagree, I've had several different Cadre missions open at once. You just need to constantly check every 4 hours at the associated locations to get the most of your time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
N

All the blues and purples I have came from in-game recruitment, not C-store packs. Cultural exchange and department recruitment give a higher quality doff on critical success, and cadres can give at least blues, as I got a blue security officer from one.
I stand corrected thanks for the information.