Lt. Commander
# 51
10-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
It does if you want to keep the console slotted to use the added power effeciencies because you still lose a slot that you had otherwise put something else in.
This console's pretty much a must have. Not only do you get your Transwarps from it but you also gain +7.6 to all performance skills (so +30.4 in total across the 4 skills) and being a universal console it can go into a Science slot where it will replace +16 to one system. I know what I'll be doing when this console is released, slotting it straight into a Science console (well I would if I used an Excelsior).
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
This console's pretty much a must have. Not only do you get your Transwarps from it but you also gain +7.6 to all performance skills (so +30.4 in total across the 4 skills) and being a universal console it can go into a Science slot where it will replace +16 to one system. I know what I'll be doing when this console is released, slotting it straight into a Science console (well I would if I used an Excelsior).
Sure it sounds good when you say it like that but if you want to go back and read this entire thread you will see its not. Why get +1 to all 4 subsytems when you could get +7 to one you need? Did you even see the pathetic bonuses the consoles give to skills? Its not worth a slot whichever one you sacrifice.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil
Sure it sounds good when you say it like that but if you want to go back and read this entire thread you will see its not. Why get +1 to all 4 subsytems when you could get +7 to one you need? Did you even see the pathetic bonuses the consoles give to skills? Its not worth a slot whichever one you sacrifice.
I did read the entire thread but still feel this is a must have console. It also doesn't have to go into a valuable Engineering console slot, it can be placed into a weak Science slot so can be used in conjunction with the +7 power consoles granting the buff to Engineering skills and Engineer captain skills on top of that granted by the increased power levels. I also saw those 'pathetic' bonuses and saw increased resistance and power level buffs from EPtS2 and Auxto SIFso I'm not seeing how losing +900HP over 15 seconds from a Halon console in return for a buff to power levels and 7 Engineering skills is a bad trade off.
The Excelsior always was the better tactical focused Fed cruiser with it's LTC Tac slot and higher turn rate so that it may finally have to pay a price, no matter how small is long overdue. But I actually feel this is a further buff to the Excelsior, not a nerf.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Given how Performance works ( as it directly effects the performance abilities in the skill tree) would not this new console add +7.5 directly on top of your total existing Performance scores? Instead of the +1 presumed?

With the Efficient Console, =7.5 based on how effieciency works versus existing power curves in a system, it should be the one that has a varying level of bonus depending on how your power levels are set up between +1 to 7.5 max.

I don't see how any Cruiser captain is not happy with this idea (especially if they can be put into a science console slot) and I can run both on the same ship if I want.

Now I want to know if the KDF is getting any similiar consoles that buff say our Combat related skills, like Energy weapons, Projectile weapons or the Ship adjustment skills?
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Given how Performance works ( as it directly effects the performance abilities in the skill tree) would not this new console add +7.5 directly on top of your total existing Performance scores? Instead of the +1 presumed?

With the Efficient Console, =7.5 based on how effieciency works versus existing power curves in a system, it should be the one that has a varying level of bonus depending on how your power levels are set up between +1 to 7.5 max.

I don't see how any Cruiser captain is not happy with this idea (especially if they can be put into a science console slot) and I can run both on the same ship if I want.

Now I want to know if the KDF is getting any similiar consoles that buff say our Combat related skills, like Energy weapons, Projectile weapons or the Ship adjustment skills?
it will add +7.5 points to the performance skills, I believe however that the +1 that Korhill mentioned was a final power level increase.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-20-2011, 09:23 AM
is this already available or is it on redshirt or tribble?

I copied my eng character to tribble and I don't see any new console on my excelsior
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkelton View Post
is this already available or is it on redshirt or tribble?

I copied my eng character to tribble and I don't see any new console on my excelsior
This is on Tribble, I don't recall seeing it on RedShirt last time I was on there.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Is the console only gonna be for cruisers?
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
Is the console only gonna be for cruisers?
According to the tooltip it's for the Excelsior only.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
The efficiency one (T3) is for any cruiser. The performance one (T5) is for the Excelsior only.

I understand people arguing that its fine to throw into a science slot as those are the Excelsiors 2 junk console slots. However there are better things to go into those slots already. 1 will always be taken up by the Borg Assimilated Console. This means the new consoles have to contend with:
The Oberth console (damn nice for science captains in this ship)
The Anitmatter spread console (i believe this breaks tractor beams on you in the same way jam sensors does)
The Grappler off the NX enterprise (console based tractor beam is handy on a ship with 1 lt. science BO)
I'm sure im missing some that could be used too. My point is compared to these other options, the Excelsior consoles fall way short.