Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
Seeing as most of us testing Tribble right now for the most part are lifers and the bulk of those that will have a ton of Dilitium for the market as well as most likely to buy C-points at any given time. I think its time to talk about what we see as were the market is going to fall on the transfer rate. Just what is 1 c-point going to be worth and how are we as a community going to keep this from turning into a controled market like in others games.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I think it's very hard for anyone, including Cryptic, to predict where the market is going to go once FTP hits. Right now the current economy on Tribble is very limited due to the small player base and the fact that toons can level so quickly. Take phaser beam arrays as an example right now they are at a premium due to the fact that everyone needs them at all levels.
I would imagine that in a couple of weeks as more and more are pumped into the economy and more and more are available on the exchange this will push prices down.
The same with consoles, right now the majority of consoles have to be purchased, but as more and more people run through missions and collect them as drops or mission rewards we are going to see more and more of them on the exchange meaning you can but a lot more for EC's as opposed to dilithium.
Once this happens we can then start figuring out how much value our dilithium has to us and what items we want to buy with it, or how much we would be willing to sell it for.
Of course once the game goes FTP we will have a very similar jump in demand from all the new players, and then this will level out as these new players push stuff into the economy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2011, 11:51 AM
That being said my fear is that were gonna see a C-point frenzy were people are gonna price there Dilitium for crazy frices just for C-points and cause some issues with the market. This might even out given time but if we get the influx of players paying to play as it was and also the lifers with our stipens. I fear were gonna see Dilitium being over prices seeing and no one will want to move it unless c-points are involed. Thats why i possed the question what does everyone think is a fair trade value for them. 1-40, 1-100 what does everyone thing and feel on this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Personally if I looked at a personal non C-store ship as being 200k dilithium and a C-store account unlock being 2000 points then obviously we need to tie them together. I would say a personal ship is a third of an account ship so maybe 600 points.

If therefore a personal ship maybe about 600 points then 200,000 / 600 = 333 possibly rounded to 350-400 dilithium per C-point to take into account my roundings.

That is my take on how it will likely work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Personally if I looked at a personal non C-store ship as being 200k dilithium and a C-store account unlock being 2000 points then obviously we need to tie them together. I would say a personal ship is a third of an account ship so maybe 600 points.

If therefore a personal ship maybe about 600 points then 200,000 / 600 = 333 possibly rounded to 350-400 dilithium per C-point to take into account my roundings.

That is my take on how it will likely work.
While dilithium will be collected by a lot of (f2p) players, there will most likely be a way smaller number of players buying c-points and again only a fraction of them willing to trade their points for dilithium. Also lots of cstore purchases are persistent, while most dilithium obtained items will out-date or being out-leveled as time passes. Therefore I would assume the transition ratio dilithium->c-points being far beyond a 400:1.