Lt. Commander
# 201
01-17-2012, 12:09 AM
hey Brian,

thanks for another quick and positive review. I hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th
Without giving away anything my first selection on meeting the ambassador was the third one.
so far, that seems to be the overwhelmingly popular choice. as it should be, really.

and I'll bump Mr. Clev over a couple feet. thanks for catching that!
Lt. Commander
# 202
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticImpulser
hey Brian,

thanks for another quick and positive review. I hope you're feeling better!

so far, that seems to be the overwhelmingly popular choice. as it should be, really.

and I'll bump Mr. Clev over a couple feet. thanks for catching that!
Glad I could help. The mission was a real pleasure to play. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for authoring
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 203
01-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th
Federation Mission - Dark Ice
Author: Captain_Revo
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HCAHG7GKS
thanks for the review.

the only reason i did not do a warp out command is i want it to be fool proof. asking people to warp out is tricky as i can only give them a very narrow window and if they miss it or mess up then it causes all sorts of problems.
Lt. Commander
# 204
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
thanks for the review.

the only reason i did not do a warp out command is i want it to be fool proof. asking people to warp out is tricky as i can only give them a very narrow window and if they miss it or mess up then it causes all sorts of problems.
That's true. Even if the spawn point faces them in the right direction the minute they start fighting they get off track. I'm hard pressed to think of any way to set them up after the combat. Detailed instructions on where to face prior to engaging would be cumbersome at best. Still great work with the maps and the story too.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 205
01-19-2012, 08:01 AM
I made a new mission for the PodcastUGC Jem'Hadar contest. So, if you're free and up for it, here are the details:

Mission Name: Perilous Prize
Author: Nagorak
Minimum Level: 31+
Mission Length: 60 minutes (est.)

Forum post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249144

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 206
01-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I've also made a mission for the Jem'Hadar Ship Contest, and I'd really appreciate a review for it.

Mission Name: Open Secrets
Author: Zadama
Minimum Level: 16+
ST-HJ5WLCVAF
Lt. Commander
# 207
01-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I made a new mission for the PodcastUGC Jem'Hadar contest. So, if you're free and up for it, here are the details:

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the request. I'll take a look tonight and get the report up as soon as I'm done.

Thanks for authoring.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 208
01-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadama View Post
I've also made a mission for the Jem'Hadar Ship Contest, and I'd really appreciate a review for it.

Mission Name: Open Secrets
Author: Zadama
Minimum Level: 16+
ST-HJ5WLCVAF
Thanks for the request. You are in the que behind Nagorak. If I can get through his tonight I'll start on yours tomorrow. Also, if you haven't already done it, you should create a forum posting here in the "Mission Database" section. It will draw moer attention to your mission as well.

Thanks for authoring
Brian
Lt. Commander
Hi,

Thank you for your offer; I would like to request a review of my mission, "A Warrior's Honor". I've received some feedback and tried to review the grammar and spelling. I've made the changes but can't seem to get any reviews. I also hear grammar and spelling are your specialties and I could use the help!

If you could review my mission I would greatly appreciate it. Here is the information:

Mission Name: A Warrior’s Honor
Author: Joe_King
Minimum Level: 46+
ST-HQTB256SN
Estimated Mission Length: 1 hour
Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

Thank you!
Joe_King
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post

Thanks in advance.
Federation Mission - Perilous Prize
Project ID: ST-HBLOKCXZT

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This mission is outstanding. The map design was fantastic. The battles were challenging but not impossible to beat. The story dialog was excellent from the writing to the execution. The twists and turns in the dialog despite the linear nature of the Foundry story line are flawless. I really liked your use of the warp effect during the "Reid System" map along with the rest of the set design including the battles. I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes a great story, excellent map design and good battles thrown in for good measure.

I noted the use of the response button "Dismiss" vice "Continue" quite a bit. I think for the purposes of the story it worked very well. The couple of times you used the response button "Continue" actually worked for some of the dialog as there was no required response from the player.

Below there is one item to consider changing. The rest are notes on the mission as I played it but I have to say I found only the one item and no spelling errors.

Mission Description: This is a nice intriguing description. I like the warning regarding reading. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialog: The post "Accept" button dialog is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: This is a nice use of the mission task with a clear location of the start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Deep Space Nine: This is a really good map design. The transition from the real DS9 shipyard to the custom map design was flawless. The story dialog is outstanding. The combat was also well done. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Reid System: The map design is outstanding and the use of the warp effect with the other map elements was fantastic. The battles are well balanced but not a push over. The story dialog was great. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map. I noted only one item to consider changing.
-At the beginning of the map when entering warp there is some ships listed as allies and a couple of asteroids visible astern. Is that intentional?

Deep Space Nine (Exchange): The map design is good and the battle is well done. The story dialog is very well written and the puzzles are good. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Deep Space Nine Space: This map is outstanding and the battle was intense. The story dialog was excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. This mission is great and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.
Brian

This critique report also filed 01/19/2012 on forum posting for: Perilous Prize - An outrageous Ferengi scheme!
Closed Thread