Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by captianamp
Hi there,
im looking for someone to take a look at my mission and to tell me what they think of it.
Its called Starbase 74 and its a federation mission, thanks.
Federation Mission: Starbase 74
Author: captianamp
Allegiance: Federation
Mission ID: ST-HE2LLGVUN

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: Let me start off by saying the story is a great concept and it shows that you put a lot of thought into it. The map designs and effects execution is quite well done on every map. Despite the spelling and grammatical errors the story itself was quite engaging. Your story and map development are there. Now you need to work on cleaning up the details.

Below are a several things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: A good simple write up. I noted only one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing "starfleet" to read "Starfleet".

Grant Mission Dialog: Good detailed write up. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Change "secret prodject" to read "Secret project".
-Remove the coma between the ship name and “is the closest ship in range”.
-Again consider changing "starfleet" to read "Starfleet".
-Consider changing "starbase 74" to read "Starbase 74".
-Change "im sending" to read "I'm sending".
-Consider changing "spatial co-ordinates" to read "spatial coordinates".

Mission Task: Even though you have the start location in the Grant Mission dialog you should add it to the mission task for the first custom map transition.

Mission Entry Prompt: Nice simple prompt. I noted only one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing entry “Head to starbase 74!” to read “Head to Starbase 74”.

MAPS:
Starbase 74: The map design is good and simple. The dialog is okay but I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Throughout the initial dialog box capitalize "i". For example, "i have tried" should read "I have tried".
-Change "but i have had no responce i recomend" to read "but I have had no response. I recommend".
-Consider changing the response button from "Continue" to "Make it so" or something like that as if the player was acknowledging the Bridge Officer recommendation.

Starbase 74 Deck 1: The map design and execution of the effects are very well done. I noted several items to consider changing:
-Commander Richards dialog; change "however i fear our" to read "however I fear our".
-Consider changing "impending klingon attack" to read "impending Klingon attack".
-Remove "Firstly" since you do not have a second task in that dialog.
-Change "Proceed through the door to the left and go up the ramp and throught the door to the right" to read "Proceed through the door to the left, go up the ramp and through the door to the right".
-Change mission task "Run diagnostic on emmiter array" to read “Run diagnostic on emitter array”.
-Post "Run diagnostic on emmiter array" dialog; consider changing "graviton emmiter is working" to read "graviton emitter is working".
-Change "disturbing, i think" to read "disturbing, I think".
-Change "What could jam this type of emmiter" response button to read "What could jam this type of emitter".
-Change "I'm not sure,sir" to read "I'm not sure sir".
-Consider changing the response button from "Continue" to "Let's go" or something like that.
-Commander Richards second dialog; consider changing "could have confirmed" to read "could confirm".
-Change "Did they detect our scans." response button to read "Did they detect our scans?"
-Consider changing "Federation-klingon" to read "Federation-Klingon".
-Change "an entier fleet on the klingons" to read "an entire fleet on the Klingons".
-Change "I recomend we Abandon" to read "I recommend we abandon".
-Consider changing "Talk to the Officers ,in the control room, order to get their advice and then convince Commander Richards" to read "Talk to the Officers in the room in order to get their advice and then convince Commander Richards".
-Change "the autodestruct" to read "the auto destruct".
-Convince Commander Richards dialog; change "i am a bit busy right now" to read "I am a bit busy right now".
-Change [OOC] dialog "BEAP" to read "Beep".
-Change "Permision to board your ship" to read "Permission to board your ship".
-Consider changing "i recomend we make a quick departure, use the turbolift in the corridor behind me to get to your ship, once your aboard you can beam me and my crew onto your ship" to read "I recommend we make a quick departure. Us the turbo lift in the corridor behind me to get to your ship. Once you’re aboard you can beam me and my crew onto your ship".
-Post turbo lift blocked dialog; consider changing "klingons will realise" to read "Klingons will realize".
-Change "I recomend" to read "I recommend".
-Change response button from "We are fine,just a bit shaken?" to read "We are fine, just a bit shaken."
-Change "Im glad" to read "I'm glad"
-Map transition dialog; change "recomend" and "klingons" to read "recommend" and "Klingons".

Starbase 74 Deck 6: The map design and execution of the effects are very well done. The battles were tough but fun. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Initial dialog; change "this is what" to read "This is what".
-Change the entire dialog following "this is what you need to do". It is one long run on sentence.
-Change "fire supresion" to read "fire suppression".
-Post "Blow EPS conduit" dialog; change "klingon" to read "Klingon".
-There are a couple of consoles in one of the passageways that are sitting mostly buried in the deck.

Shuttle Bay: Good simple map design and dialog. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Starbase 74#2: This is a good map design. The dialog is very well written and the battles are a challenge but not impossible. I noted only one item to consider changing:
-Post "Head to a safe distance" dialog; change "klingon" to read "Klingon".

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. I look forward to playing more of your missions in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 11/04/2011 on forum posting for: Looking for someone to take a look at my first mission.
Lt. Commander
Federation Mission - Surrounded
Author: Cerritouru
ST - HR84VX306

Summary: First of all I want to start off by saying how much I enjoyed your work. Your maps are simply stunning. The dialog was well written and drives the story along drawing me into it and making me want to see more. This mission is one of the best and one of the few that I’ve given five stars to. Despite the few minor dialog errors I list below your work on the story and maps made the whole thing.

As I said in my rating critique on STO following the mission I am looking forward to the second half of this mission and to playing more of your work in the future. You have done an outstanding job on this one. Keep up the great work and thanks for authoring.

Mission Description: Good description with explanation in advance of English as second language.

Grant Mission Dialog: Good mission grant dialog. Very detailed story dialog.

Mission Task: Very clear.

Mission Entry Prompt: Good entry dialog and button.

MAPS:
Cestus System: You designed a good map with balanced fighting and great story dialog. Here are some recommended dialog corrections:
-Dialog for SS Rushak; should read "lost the signal" vice "loss the signal". Also "There ships more prepared" should read "Their ships will be better prepared".
-Dialog near planet; "I can't take any clear reading" should read, "I can't get a clear reading". Button response should read "know" vice "knew".
-Dialog near planet; "It was build" should read "It was built". Response button; "But can also be a trap" should read "But it could also be a trap".
-Dialog near planet; "person that send" should read "person that sent". Also "using a shuttlecraft" should read "taking a shuttlecraft".

Shuttlebay: Your map and dialog was excellent. The optional information on the ships consoles was very helpful and I loved the way you allowed the selection of the type of shuttle bay.

Cestus Colony: The map design, particularly the buildings is really good. The dialog was well written as well and drove the story forward.

Underground Facility: The map design was very well done. The dialog was excellent and drove the story. The choice of how to resolve the mission was quite well written. Here are some recommended dialog corrections:
-Dialog with Commander button; "How do you" should read "How did you".
-Dialog with Ensign Tontin button "How do you" should read "How did you".
-Dialog from Tactical Officer; "I don't think that is likely" should read "I don't think it is likely". Also “Borg give us” should read “Borg will give us”. The dialog “emergency generators to sickbay” should read “emergency generators in sickbay”. The dialog “increasing the consume” should read “increasing the consumption”.

Starbase 82: The map was good and the dialog was great. Especially the detailed personnel file of the Captain of the Atrigas. Well done. Here is a recommended dialog correction:
-Dialog with Admiral; "listen what she has to said" should read "listen to what she has to say".

USS Artigas: This was a great map and the story dialog was excellent. The dialog draws the story to a good conclusion with the teaser for a follow on mission that makes me look forward to it. Here are some recommended dialog corrections:
-Dialog with the cadet; she referred to me by rank and short name vice rank and last name.
-Dialog with the Captain; she also referred to me by rank and short name.
-Dialog with Captain button; “something to inform me?” should read “something to tell me?” or perhaps “you wished to see me?”
-Dialog with the Captain; “have in our disposal” should read “have at our disposal”. Also “for caming aboard” should read “for coming aboard”

Thanks again for authoring. You did a great job and I look forward to the second half of this mission and playing any of your missions in the future.
Brian

From original posting on 10/15/2011 Forum posting for Surrounded. Author’s response is located on that posting.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th

Regarding the map fall through issue, I found a similar issue with one of the maps I designed for a Klingon mission I made. In testing my characters fell through the map almost every time. As odd as it sounds I simply turned the spawn point 180 degrees from the original facing position and it appears to have resolved it.
I took your suggestion here on the spawn point and it seems to be working. I played though it several times and haven't fallen though the floor as of yet.

Perhaps give it another go and see how it works for you.

Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
I took your suggestion here on the spawn point and it seems to be working. I played though it several times and haven't fallen though the floor as of yet.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the update. I'll giver it another go as soon as possible.

Brian
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerethunt
Greetings!

I'd like to present my first attempt at a Foundry Mission, Reclaimed Delivery. It is a short, straightforward adventure into pirate-infested space to repair a damaged communications satellite. As the mission proceeds, it unfolds into a bit more than a routine repair.

The mission is 20-30 minutes long, which may be deemed as short for some. This is intentional, however, as I intended the mission to be a prelude to a future story arc as well as a learning experience for me to pick up the basics of using the Foundry.

Feedback is welcome, as are any tips from more proficient content creators; I'd like to know if I'm on the right track with the Foundry!
Federation Mission - Reclaimed Delivery
Author: Lerethunt
Mission ID: ST-HBKFC7OY6

Summary: This is a great mission. Your story is intriguing and serves to draw me in. Without giving too much away I must say I am looking forward to seeing where you take the story next. Your map design and effect execution is very well done. In the write up I mention a pathing issue with the Lasserk map. This is a Foundry issue with the particular map and is beyond your direct control. Make sure you notify the Dev’s regarding this issue. It’s the only way they get fixed. The fighting throughout the mission are good balanced fights and thoroughly enjoyable.

Below are a few items I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: Very nice and detailed description. It clear indicates where the mission starts. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Grant Mission Dialog: This is great dialog that very clearly sets the tone of the story. You also provide a clear and detailed mission start location. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: Despite the fact that you provide the start location in both the Mission Description and Grant Mission Dialog as noted above you should also provide it in the Map Text for the first custom map entry location. It will reduce the number of folks who say they couldn't find where to start

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a nice and simple prompt. This can often be difficult to judge and I have seen many different ways of doing it. My view of this has evolved since I first started doing these in depth critiques. In general as long as there are no spelling or grammatical errors I leave it up to the author to decide how best to utilize this prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Demil Space: This is an excellent map design with a good balance of story and battles. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-In the "Hail them" response dialog; consider changing "all you federation sorts" to read "all you Federation sorts".
-Consider changing "I don't /have/ to" to read "I don't have to".
-Consider changing the map transition response button from "Beam Down Onto The Lasserk" to read "Beam down to the Lasserk".

The Lasserk: The dialog, map design, effects execution and of course the battles are all very well done. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Post "Use Console" dialog; consider changing "Well, the Ferengi /are/ known" to read "Well, the Ferengi are known".
-There is a slight pathing issue with this map however it is a Foundry map issue that is really beyond your control. Make sure you report the issue to the Dev’s so they can fix it.

The Lasserk Bridge: This is a great map design with good story dialog and a balanced fight. I noted only one item to consider changing:
-Orion Commander dialog; consider changing "starfleet" to read "Starfleet".

Demil Space#2: The map is a good simple design and the dialog is a great wrap up to the mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. I look forward to playing more of your missions in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 11/05/2011 on forum posting for: Reclaimed Delivery.
Lt. Commander
Quote:

Thanks again!
Quote:
Thanks again for the excellent feedback on the series! If you ever get the chance I'd be interested to see what you think of my Klingon mission, "Trill Death Do We Part"

Again thanks for the review. Your suggestions and time have help me loads and I appreciate you taking the time.
Klingon Mission - Trill Death Do We Part
Author: Kahn
Allegiance: Klingon
ST- HJXNCSYDP

Summary: This is a great mission and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I’m glad you were able to fix the map fall through issue. The story dialog is very compelling and serves to drive me forward wanting to see what will come next. The twisting and turning of the plot kept me guessing right up to the end. I wasn’t sure which way you were going to go. I love stories like that. The maps and effects are very well designed and executed. The triggers appear to work perfectly as planned. The battles were simply glorious! Sorry that was the Klingon in me. Seriously the battles are tough but not impossible to beat.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is very well written and you provide a location for the mission start. The author’s notes are very helpful and make for a good warning. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Grant Mission Dialog: Great mission grant dialog. I really like the [OOC] dialog you include which helps the story. Your inclusion of the mission start location is very clear. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: Very clear and well defined mission start location. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: Great entry dialog. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

MAPS:
Danteri V: The story dialog is excellent and the map is well designed. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Qu’Voh: Great story dialog and the map design with effects are very well done. The battle was a good balanced fight. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Danteri V Orbit: The story dialog is very well written. The map and battle are very well designed. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Danteri V Surface: The story dialog is good. The map design and battles are very well done. The battles do require tactics when engaging the enemy. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Federation Base: This story dialog is very compelling and well written. The map design is excellent and the effects are good. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Captain Azlee Ltin dialog; consider changing the response button "Continue" to "Death to the Federation scum!" or something along those lines.
-Post Defeat Federation Scum battle dialog; consider changing the response button to the "Federation personnel log" from "Continue" to "Disgusting!" or something like that.
-Second dialog from Tactical officer; consider changing the response button to the "continue to investigate" from "Continue" to "Agreed" or something like that.
-Perhaps following the "Overload Computer System" task you could trigger more debris and smoke in the room and perhaps the base.
-Captain Azlee Ltin dialog; consider moving the [OOC] story dialog regarding Azlee "snatching the Tricorder from your Science Officer" to the dialog following the "Show Azlee the report" response button.
-Consider changing the dialog response "go on" to read "Go on".
-Consider changing the dialog response "very interesting" to read "Very interesting".

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. I am very glad you were able to fix the map fall through issue. I had fun playing it and I look forward to playing more of your missions in the future. Qapla'!
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Great! Thank you again for all your valuable feedback on the missions. As an author I always appreciate a second set of eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Great! Thank you again for all your valuable feedback on the missions. As an author I always appreciate a second set of eyes.
You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Brian
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimac30 View Post
Mission title: City of the Polmar Ree
Author: @alimac30
Project ID: ST-HJGVZQCX
Faction: FED
Minimum rank required to play: Any rank

Synopsis:
Once every 216 years, every sentient species in the galaxy is invited to the extra-galactic space city of the ancient Polmar Ree. It’s been 216 years and the time of the Polmar Ree has come again. Most will go in peace… but in the shadows of an enemy faction, warriors plan a catastrophic attack. Wormholes are opening in every quadrant, starships are gathering, and your invitation has arrived…
Federation Mission - City of the Polmar Ree
Author: alimac30
Mission ID: ST-HJGVZQCX

Summary: This has got to be one of the best missions I’ve played yet. The details of the story were so well interconnected that it flowed from one event to another in a way that kept my attention throughout. The grandeur of your map design was simply stunning. You mentioned that you spent four months in development of this mission and it shows. I found three or four items that caught my attention and I identified below. I highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes a great story with equally great maps.

Below are a few items I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good mission description write up. It serves its purpose to draw in the player and make them want to play it. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Grant Mission Dialog: The dialog and the story are very well written. This is one of the places that serve to draw the player into the game and make them want to play. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: The location to start the mission on the first custom map is very clearly defined. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a nice and simple dialog. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

MAPS:
Donatu System: The dialog is good and the map design well done. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Arboretum: Wow! This is a great map design. The dialog is extremely well written. The details are stunning. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I only noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-In the Ambassador dialog; it looks as though there is a space between "may I introduce Commander Jorja" and the period. It causes the period to show up by itself right before "She's our".
-There is a crewman on the far side of the platform from the Ambassador that is sitting in the platform.

Rogue Planet 46WHDR: This map is very well designed and the effects are perfectly timed. The dialog is well written and draws me deeper into the story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Polmar Ree Space City: This is a very detailed map. The story dialog is very well written. Avoiding a spoiler I'll just say the Ferengi bit in the dialog made me laugh out load. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I only noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing the level of the beam down point to be closer to the entry plane of the player. Experienced players will understand they need to fly down to the point but others won’t and it will serve to frustrate them.

Polmar Ree City Interior: The map is great. The intricate dialog with volumes of details available is simply amazing. Thank goodness for the communications log. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

I.K.S. Mow’Ga: Wow! That was really awesome! Your map design is stunning. I especially loved the final map transition point location. The dialog and investigative portions were also brilliantly put together. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

U.S.S. Kelso: Another brilliantly designed map and the effects were very well executed. The story dialog is equally brilliant. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map. I only noted one item to consider changing:
-The initial Captain Dohn dialog; consider changing the response button from "Continue" to "I think we..." or something along those lines.

Donatu System (End): The story dialog was very well written and served to wrap up the story. The map was good and simple. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. This mission is outstanding and everyone who likes a good story should play this mission. I truly look forward to more of your work.
Brian

This critique report also filed 11/05/2011 on forum posting for: City of the Polmar Ree.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticImpulser
Sixty years ago, the highest law of the Federation was broken.

Two civilizations were plunged into war on the other side of the galaxy.

You've been ordered to bring them back from the edge of ruin.

But you've got to find them first...

Overture 1: A Rocky Fanfare
Federation Mission - Overture 1: A Rocky Fanfare
Author: KineticImpulser
Mission ID: ST-HQHMGBWAE

Summary: This mission is a great first episode in the series. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. The combination of great story dialog, map design and battles kept me engaged in the mission as a whole. I highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes a good story mixed in with investigation and some fighting. I deliberately removed references to specific dialog and battles from the individual map critiques to avoid spoilers.

Below are very few items I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Those items identified in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is an intriguing description. It draws the player in and makes them want to click the "Hail" button. "Come on you know you want to..." I like the note regarding length and recommending the player stop the ship during dialog. I usually do stop but that is a good note. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialog: I loved the variety of dialog choices in accepting this mission. I reviewed each of them in turn and I think the way you bring them all to a successful conclusion is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: The task clearly defines the start location for the first map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a nice and simple use of the prompt. I noted no spelling errors.

MAPS:
Andorian Rendezvous: I do like the branching dialog giving multiple ways of responding to the initial dialog with the Captain. I reviewed all the choices and liked the way you bring them all to same conclusion from different angles. That is great writing. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Transwarp Terminus: The dialog for this map is very well written and moves the story forward. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

USS Republic War Room: The entire dialog for this map is well written and helps drive the story forward. The [OOC] dialog with the chief at the turbolift explaining how to get your crew to stay put while you move off on your own will help new players understand some of the features available to control the away team better. There have been a number of times I’ve used this feature in away missions to pull them out of a fight we didn’t need to be in. The effects and triggered dialog are excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

USS Republic Bridge: The dialog for this map is excellent in form and execution. In reviewing the entire dialog, including the various branches, several of them made me "laugh out loud”. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Triangulation: This is a nice and simple map with good dialog to move it forward. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

System JYT-3450: The map and dialog makes the story so much more interesting. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Abandoned Base: This is a great map design and the dialog is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Cargo Level: The dialog for this map is very intriguing and really drew me into the story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I only noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing the door way right behind the player at the spawn point to a wall door that does not open. That way it looks as if we came from a turbolift. The current door opens and reveals part of the actual wall behind it.
-The third hologram is behind the rest. Consider moving it on top of the others.

Task Force Overture: This map is a great wrap up for the first mission in the series. The dialog is well written and motivates me to play the next mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. I am looking forward to playing the sequels to this mission.
Brian

This critique report also filed 11/06/2011 on forum posting for: Star Trek: Overture.
Closed Thread