Lt. Commander
# 141 i know
02-18-2012, 09:41 PM
if the dev dont fix this in tommorown patch start sending tickets about this that will defenetly attrckt their attention
Lt. Commander
# 142
02-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orelbitin
if the dev dont fix this in tommorown patch start sending tickets about this that will defenetly attrckt their attention
Um...seriously, like spamming tickets is going to attract anyone's attention....when in reality they'll be at the back of the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 143
02-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminrockwell
I've noticed an overwhelming number of people who are on here that are new to the game or tried to create a new character. is anyone having this trouble with a character that was created a while ago? Also, i noticed someone said their Klingons was playable. anyone else can confirm this for themselves?
yeah, ive been having that problem. i cant log in with any of my characters, new or preexisting withou0t the same message. im about reafy to trash the game.
Lt. Commander
# 144
02-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Really? so 15 pages of "new" players like me and not a single response from anyone on the team?

Do they even care about us?
Lt. Commander
# 145
02-18-2012, 10:03 PM
First time loggin in. big download and tried to play,. now getting same problem and nothing from the game delves to tell us what is going on. majorlly disappointed in the game and now the customer service. i am a potential new player and there us nothing anywhere to warn me that there is currently a problem.

So hey will go elsewhere then since the developers do not care about its customers.
Lt. Commander
How I Spent My Saturday Afternoon / Evening .... (and self-actualized as the biggest looser I know)

1. Installed direct from PW - Patched - Created Character; Select PLAY - Got No Game Servers in List (FAIL)
2. Uninstalled (Approx. 7 Hours ago).
3. Installed STEAM - Re-installed Re-patched; Select - PLAY - Got No Game Servers in List (FAIL)
4. Visited Support Site (FAIL)
5. Visited Forum - HMOG! Read a few hundred posts ...
(NOTED - NO MOD, DEV, or CSS Acknowledgement of Issue - FAIL)
6. Disabled Patch on Demand (Options) - Basically 3rd Install + Patch - Got No Game Servers in List (FAIL)
7. Filed Problem Report (Approx. 5 hours ago) ...
8. Tried US PROXY Server option - Got No Game Servers in List (FAIL)
9. Read forum again - was schooled on the definition of CUSTOMER (MAJOR FAIL)
(NOTED - NO MOD, DEV, or CSS Acknowledgement of an Issue - FAIL)
10. Contemplating if a scheduled patch that was announced before this issue will be worth waiting for ...

BUT ... my character looks totally bad-a55 because I've had some time to work with the advanced character options ... of course he has no ship ... and unless he just happens to be the center of the space-time-continuum at 0,0,0,0 ... he has no location either ....

BUT ... to stay positive ... I'm POSITIVE this has been an EPIC FAILURE for this new "user" who is obviously NOT consuming or receiving services or goods and THEREFORE by definition is NOT a CUSTOMER at this point and OWED NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT ...

(Bugs are a way of life we accept this (kind'a) BUT being invited into someone's house having to sign an agreement as to my expected behavior while in their house and then being soundly ignored along with 200-300 of my brethren as we dangle from the end of a very short rope making useless sputtering noises not cool)

Q ... Q .... is this you're doing, Q ?

Is this another test?

Naw ... you're not that cruel ...

Yup ... positively ****ed off...

Now where did I put my light sabre I've got a republic to bungle up

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 147
02-18-2012, 10:15 PM
blame it on the tribbles
Lt. Commander
# 148
02-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntyJ View Post
Cus-tom-er, Noun: a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron.

Purchases
Customer service
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase.

BEFORE DURING AND AFTER PURCHASE....so that means you don't have to BUY something to receive CUSTOMER SERVICE. Every person that walks into a store is a customer which is why when you ask for help with something they don't blow you off and say "Oh well you haven't bought anything so I don't have to help you." Internet dictionary definitions aside, use some common sense Aunty if they want to hook you on a game so that you do buy stuff they aren't going to sit there and leave you out in the cold when your having a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 149
02-18-2012, 10:47 PM
To comment on the argument that has popped up about definitions of "services" and "customers", you are further proving that we cannot stay focused on the issue at hand. Furthermore, these comments are filling up the thread with irrelevant material, much as this comment shall do.
Lt. Commander
# 150 Add my name to the list
02-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Well I am another new user who is waiting to see what happens with this. Sent a ticket. Loving how the first two posts of this thread are from October and December and the other 15 pages are from today. I also liked how on the STO website it lists the servers as online. Would be nice if someone could at least tell a story on here to pass the time while we all wait with our thumbs securely in our bums.