Lt. Commander
# 151
02-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by everleader
To comment on the argument that has popped up about definitions of "services" and "customers", you are further proving that we cannot stay focused on the issue at hand. Furthermore, these comments are filling up the thread with irrelevant material, much as this comment shall do.
Gotta do something to pass the time while we wait for the Devs to get their thumbs out of their butts.
Lt. Commander
# 152
02-18-2012, 10:54 PM
To the people arguing with me,

My point is not to start an argument. My point is that I, like all of you, am having this annoying error. I wish I could have spent my day playing this game; however, this is not the case. Re-posting "i get this bug too" over and over and repeating that you are going to uninstall the game is pointless. All we can do is wait, so just be patient and I am sure they will solve our issue in no time. Ive never seen a bug like this solved in one day. It is strange that they seem to be ignored it entirely, but that does not mean it will not be fixed. My point with the customer service thing is that since the vast majority of us have not yet paid for anything, we are not top priority. It is passed the point of acceptable now, so my original argument has been nullified. I don't want to fight with anyone on here, I'm on your side. I was trying to calm everyone down and try to inspire some patience, but now I completely agree with you. 3 hours with no response for free players was OK, but now verging on 9 hours with no response for anyone is very silly. In the end, even though the devs are acting strangely, just be patient and hopefully the game will be in working order by tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 153
02-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Even if it wasn't planned, I do really hope they have the ability to, if nothing else, rollback to avoid the problem.

Also, I hope you're right AuntyJ
Lt. Commander
# 154 10-4
02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntyJ View Post

My point is not to start an argument. My point is that I, like all of you, am having this annoying error. I wish I could have spent my day playing this game; however, this is not the case. Re-posting "i get this bug too" over and over and repeating that you are going to uninstall the game is pointless. All we can do is wait, so just be patient and I am sure they will solve our issue in no time. Ive never seen a bug like this solved in one day. It is strange that they seem to be ignored it entirely, but that does not mean it will not be fixed. My point with the customer service thing is that since the vast majority of us have not yet paid for anything, we are not top priority. It is passed the point of acceptable now, so my original argument has been nullified. I don't want to fight with anyone on here, I'm on your side. I was trying to calm everyone down and try to inspire some patience, but now I completely agree with you. 3 hours with no response for free players was OK, but now verging on 9 hours with no response for anyone is very silly. In the end, even though the devs are acting strangely, just be patient and hopefully the game will be in working order by tomorrow.

Got it, HOLDING BREATH................................... PASSING OUT.....................
Lt. Commander
# 155
02-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:

I guarantee if this was a bug in WoW it would be fixed in 3 hours...thats why I am considering not playing now, not because of the lack of customer service but also because if it takes a whole day for them to recognize and solve a technical error how often am I going to be sitting around waiting days for them to fix bugs in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 156
02-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
3 hours with no response for free players was OK, but now verging on 9 hours with no response for anyone is very silly. In the end, even though the devs are acting strangely, just be patient and hopefully the game will be in working order by tomorrow.
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but we do realize it's Saturday night, right? Marshalling people into the office to deal with this kind of thing takes some time, regardless of the company. I'm with AuntyJ; I'm crossing my fingers for a resolution post-patch.
Lt. Commander
# 157
02-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colage
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but we do realize it's Saturday night, right? Marshalling people into the office to deal with this kind of thing takes some time, regardless of the company. I'm with AuntyJ; I'm crossing my fingers for a resolution post-patch.
Yes but it prob would have been easier on Saturday afternoon when it started about 10 hours ago. Also if they are rolling out a patch tonight anyway, there should be people there to ensure that it is working as well. BTW it is also a holiday weekend. Maybe not the best choice of timing to shut the servers down for a patch.

Wait a minuite....poor PR, questionable business choices, bad timing,

I think my boss is moonlighting at Perfect World.
Lt. Commander
# 158 New user old disappointment
02-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Sure I joined as a "free" member.. I had much higher expectations. Sure "They" may plan a fix with the upcoming maintance but some sort of communitation would make a huge difference in weather I want to give them $..... come on all ready!
Lt. Commander
# 159
02-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkreeg83
I guarantee if this was a bug in WoW it would be fixed in 3 hours...thats why I am considering not playing now, not because of the lack of customer service but also because if it takes a whole day for them to recognize and solve a technical error how often am I going to be sitting around waiting days for them to fix bugs in the game.
then go back to WoW cause this isnt WoW...
Lt. Commander
# 160 An hour and a half
02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Well the time has come for them to do the previously scheduled maintenance. Only about an hour and a half till we find out if they fixed it or not.