Lt. Commander
# 1 Keeping the STOBoat afloat
08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Recently, dstahl wrote the following:

"STO needs to continually add new items to the C-Store to stay on track financially."

I would respectfully argue:

"STO needs to continually (and rapidly) add new content to the game (thus ensuring new and renewed subscriptions) to stay on track financially."

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2011, 02:36 PM
....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Cryptic made a choice to sacrifice subscription numbers for C-store revenue. It's made the game worse for everyone, and now it seems like it's hitting them where it hurts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Tbh, if there were things to DO with the C-Store stuff.. ie. Content, Sure! ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2011, 02:40 PM
My thoughts -

I think Coach Stahl has a much better game plan for the team than anything the crowd siting in their armchairs at home can come up with.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
My thoughts -

I think Coach Stahl has a much better game plan for the team than anything the crowd siting in their armchairs at home can come up with.
I agree with this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Two years later. . . .
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Nobody disputes that we need more content, the thing is though that rushing stuff out that has problems is worse.

This game has had a problem with rushing things out the door from the moment the power that be decided to release the game with less than 2 years development time, and it needs to stop. Quality of play will keep people here, not a bunch of rushed out this and that which are full of bugs and other issues....

They need to take as long as they need to finish things properly, yes taking a long time to finish things is a dangerous way to go, but it's better than missing bugs and releasing things half done that will drive people to say, "the hell with it."
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I think that is a gross misunderstanding of what he meant, especially considering how corporate finances work.

I think you'd be hard pressed to say this game has less subs right now than Champs ever had.
Lt. Commander
# 10 keeping the STOboat afloat
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE!I have been waiting on INTO THE HIVE for ages now and on every engineering report tle last year it was mentioned as worked on or under discussion etc.etc.
Look the FE are nice but what do i need new items for if there aint any other new content where i can use them?i dont buy stuff from the c store other then some character slots and some bank and invent slots,just to create more room to get more stuff that i dont use.I say MORE ENDGAME MATERIAL THAT TAKES THIS GAME BACK TO THE CHALLENGE IT ONCE WAS.