Lt. Commander
# 11
10-17-2011, 02:17 PM
dont buy the packs then if you are that attached to them, just earn them in game from the recruiting missions. it may take you longer but you wont have to worry about losing money.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Just Curious here, Has anybody set up a process to send home to the appropriate Families the Letters of Commendations for Services rendered and so forth? Lost in the Performance of their Duty to the Federation or what ever.
Well if I start loosing some of those septuplets, we could be in a real Saving Private Ryan sort of situation.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
I will not be buying any doff packs from the store unless they make them all green and above. I'm not going to pay actual money for white quality doffs that will either end up dead or being recycled. It's the same reason I won't buy the grab bags in CO. If i'm going to pay money for something, it better not be trash.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeforce
I will not be buying any doff packs from the store unless they make them all green and above. I'm not going to pay actual money for white quality doffs that will either end up dead or being recycled. It's the same reason I won't buy the grab bags in CO. If i'm going to pay money for something, it better not be trash.
Unfortunately those DOff packs are just about the only way to get anything better than a White quality DOff. Unless the Cadre mission tables change or there are more other missions added, I don't see any realistic way outside of the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Its a game not a simulator so the Realism card doesnt work. It was decided long, long ago STO wouldnt be realistic. It should be one or the other, either doffs dont die, just like boffs dont die or C-store packs give green and above only.

I shouldn't be surprised you have weird people who dont mind spending money on things that can permanently taken away, there are always going to be masochists. Luckily if most of us complain loud enough cryptic will do something about this situation, they always do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Unfortunately those DOff packs are just about the only way to get anything better than a White quality DOff. Unless the Cadre mission tables change or there are more other missions added, I don't see any realistic way outside of the C-Store.
I've gotten quite a few green and blue doffs and even a purple and I haven't bought a single doff pack from the store. So I see no issue with not buying them. Unless everything in the pack is green or better, they won't get any of my green.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
There's no reason why they can't have different packs of doffs on the c-store. One with only white quality doffs, one with only coloured quality, and even keep the mixed. I'm sure some folk would spend (repeatedly) on the cheaper disposable set, and the folk that don't like losing what they pay for will go for the more expensive packs.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuh
There's no reason why they can't have different packs of doffs on the c-store. One with only white quality doffs, one with only coloured quality, and even keep the mixed. I'm sure some folk would spend (repeatedly) on the cheaper disposable set, and the folk that don't like losing what they pay for will go for the more expensive packs.
Fair suggestion. I'd also suggest offering specialty packs of only DOFFs from each department type.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
Fair suggestion. I'd also suggest offering specialty packs of only DOFFs from each department type.
There was a recent update in one of the posts indicating they were going to change the officers included in the c-store pack to be color related versus race related. They stated that'd mean a lot more Klingon and Human races in the packs (as the white rares are usually a different species or have different things like no honor or seduction etc)
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavek View Post
Give people a pony and a porsche and they'll say they're allergic to ponies and prefer ferrari.

Doffs die. Deal with it. There's a risk factor to most missions and it's your decission who you'll sent to resolve them. Use cannon fodder if you want your blue and purple officers to survive.

You don't have to buy doff packs on the C-Store. You can get new recruits through normal play. And they are by no means worse than the ones you could buy.
took the words out of my mouth