Lt. Commander
# 21
10-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Doffs are extremely easy to get for free. It just takes time.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Even if they made all 7 doffs in the C-store pack green, chances are three of them will end up being specializations you don't need more of and will end up in the reassignment queue shortly.

White doffs aren't useless. They're less useful than a purple, but the difference is a lot less than it is between a white beam array and a purple. Most assignments won't kill your doffs, and even the ones that can don't always - they can still be saved by sickbay, and in my experience so far military successes that still put doffs in sickbay won't kill whites, only failures (not enough data to say that with full confidence).

As for the C-store packs being the only way to get green and above, complete bull. Greens are reasonably common by in-game means, and the department/race specific recruitments seem to give blues most of the time (if not all the time) on criticals, 9% of the time. I blew points on the C-store packs when they were still rarity and not quality, so I didn't get any blues from there, but I still have several blues and purples from in-game means, and a enough greens that I can freely reassign whites as they come in.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I gotten several greens, and blues from recruitment Cadres and not buying C-Store packs....

And having DoFFs will give the game a bit more of a challenge but comeone now, QQ about it, so many different ways to get doffs w/out paying RL $$ for it. And for the record my last cadre got me a nice Blue Geo that had a crit success
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-17-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm fine with White DOff's being vaporized on diplomatic missions! :p

But C-Store DOffs should in that case NOT contain any mortal ones, as having a player end up risking and wasting money is unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Well if I start loosing some of those septuplets, we could be in a real Saving Private Ryan sort of situation.
That, or, we could put them on VGER and Create a New Life Form...

btw, A couple of days ago, I had 14 of them, and now have 13, so I guess I must have had one Expire also.
Lt. Commander
# 26 To Clarify
10-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
DOffs die.

In STO, they are a mission component/input, much like any commodity or energy credit. Just because the DOff has a face, does not make it any different.
Hmm, unless I am missing something, you don't buy commodities in the C-Store.

Quote:
When you do an Aid the Planet mission, you loose all 10 Industrial Replicators, permanently. When you perform a dangerous mission, there is a chance to loose a white quality DOff. Call me cold hearted, but I have a roster full of about 80 white quality DOffs, many happen to be triplets or even septuplets. I can afford the loss.
If you paid $10 dollars for those DOff's, you wouldn't be so care free about thier death I would think.
(Maybe your're rich though, I am not)

Quote:
For immersion/story purposes, Starfleet (and especially the KDF) is a dangerous place. Casualty rates for inexperienced crew members would certainly be higher than for the more experienced ones. Think of them as Red Shirts.
I haven't thought of this game having ANY dangerous places since I have played on elite, Had my ENTIRE ship and Crew explode in space 1000x, had my away team massacered 500x, and I have not lost so much as a light fixture on my ship, or had a scuff mark in my uniform. So please don't preach about this being a dangerous place. I will say it again, They have never put anything else in the C-Store that can be TAKEN from you before, why now. I was hopeing they would change this. That is why I posted this. Not to hear about points I already know. The point is, it is not fair (as far as the game has been up until this point) for me to buy a DOff, and for him to die. Nothing else works this way. (That you pay money for.)

Quote:
Now, if you really do not want to loose anyone, feel free to stick to the safe missions, or only use Green or better quality DOffs.
I never said I cared about losing anyone. I think it is cool and hilarous that your DOff's can die! I said I shouldn't lose anyone I paid for. How would you like it if that Caitian or Aenar Bridge Officer you bought in the C-Store for 100 C-Points died on an away mission, would you be preaching, "Guess you shouldn't have done that STF."

So I cannot do dangerous missions with the personell I paid for?!? What was the point in buying them then? I am asking Cryptic this.

If I pay for it, I should get to keep it. Unless specifically bought for 1 time use.