Lt. Commander
# 1 stuck on loading at sol system?
04-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Hello fellow Trekies,
I am trying to play recently and it keeps getting stuck on loading after I selected my character. Any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Depending on how busy Sol System is it can take a while to load you in. I also have long load wait times to get into Earth Space Dock.

Maybe you just need to give it a little time. Does it kick you out or do you close it down yourself?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2011, 02:57 AM
have you tried making a new character just to log in, then go back to the one thats is stuck

is this a recent problem or from day 1? your internet might not be fast enough, computer mighyt not be good enough, firewall might be getting in the way and slowing the connection down.

have you tried changing the proxy on the launcher options to a different setting (US, EU or None).

have you tried logging in during the slowest part of the day (ie about the time of this post) to see f that helps.

if its just recent and just one character try logging a gm help ticket and see if they can move you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Recently I had a problem where instead of taking ~10 seconds it was taking up to 5 minutes! When you start the STO launcher, you can force a verify from the options setting. After doing that, it still took a minute to load but its not as bad as it used to be. I can load everywhere else in the game just fine (3-5 seconds), but Sol System is just crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2011, 06:32 AM
I have been experiencing alot of loading issues and very strange lag spikes as well, actually. It seems to have started since the Foundry went live on the Holodeck.

My net will be just fine, but I will get extremely long-infinite load times, usually resulting in having to close the client from windows and reloading it. Also, from time to time I have experienced very strange lag upon making it through these long load screens...

For instance, last night I was headed to Eta Eridani to help a fleetmember out with a mission. My load screen into the sector took forever. I was about to close the client when it suddenly went through. The problem is, when I showed up, none of my UI buttons would do anything, I could not move or even chat. However, there was no 'disconnected from server' in red like there usually is when a lag spike hits. In fact, I can still see other players warp in, move about, chat, the works. After a few minutes of waiting for it to sort itself out, I ended up having to restart the client anyways. This has happened to me probably 6 times in the past couple of weeks, with no sector in particular. I had never experienced this before these recent weeks.

I find it quite odd, and very annoying. I'm quite sure it's not my hardware, unless it decided to downgrade itself one night :p. It could be a bad link between me and the server farm, but it just doesnt act like it.
Lt. Commander
# 6 WOW this is a joke
04-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Are some of you kidding give it time, lol First fill out a ticket until your report is actually answered. Do not give it time or do these gemmicks some of these people are suggesting. No MMO is suppose to respond or work in this fashion. If ESD is not loading its because their serves are overloaded with both games
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I only have this problem on Tribble assume its the server or maybe the codes not optimized yet. Happens randomly peak or off hours.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't think it was mentioned, and it probably isn't your issue, but try unchecking the "on demand patching" option in the launcher. I remember it taking a very long time to pull data especially for ESD back when I had it enabled (when it came out).
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I don't think it was mentioned, and it probably isn't your issue, but try unchecking the "on demand patching" option in the launcher. I remember it taking a very long time to pull data especially for ESD back when I had it enabled (when it came out).
On demand patching didn't exist in STO when this was posted. *activates zombie alarm*
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Good Grief! A zombie in these here parts! Surely not!
Closed Thread