Lt. Commander
With the rumor of the change to the exchange that will both put "caps" on how much "common", "uncommon", "rare", and "very rare" items can be sold for and the addition that we may no longer be able to buy items on the exchange that we ourselves put up for sale. ( which is no secret way that many use as a way to transfer credits from one character to the other on the same account. )

I again am posting this idea to create a service that the Ferengi can provide.

At all space stations (and Q'onos)or maybe just Drozana Station, have the Ferengi setup a booth that you can go up to. These booths would be the "The Ferengi Parcel Service".

The way this would work is that you would go to the Ferengi merchant and pay him GPL to send a amount of EC's to another one of your characters. The amount of GPL depends on the amount of EC's being sent and if the recipient is on another faction.

So for example you want to send 1,000,000EC's from a FED character to another one of your FED characters then you would only have to pay a reasonable amount of GPL. But if you were trying to send 1,000,000EC's from a FED to one of your KDF (or future IRF) toons then there would be a "Hazard Fee" since they would have to cross enemy lines ( and the fee would be small but laughable since it plays into the Ferengi's nature ).

This was mostly a post for the Dev's with just some suggestions on some ideas that I have refined from other posts I have made
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Sure thing! Give me all your EC and I'll "transfer" it for you
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
....right....maybe the Gallamites then.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
We are supposed to give the Ferengi GPL to transfer EC? The one race whose very lives revolves around making money and we are supposed to give them money to deliver money. Something wrong with that picture? Everyone knows that you can't trust the Ferengi.

I can just see it now:

Fed: Here you go Mr. Ferengi. He is 1,000 GPL to deliver 1,000,000 EC to my buddy Feddie A.
Ferengi: Why, thank you for your business. I will "deliver" the EC right way.

A week later....

Fed: Hey!!! FERENGI!! I thought you were going to deliver the 1,000,000EC to my buddy last week. I even paid you 1,000 GPL.
Ferengi: What can I say...I was "hijacked" in the process of making the delivery. The risk of doing business. It is all right here in the contract you signed...In the event that the shipment is hijacked; the Ferengi cannot be held liable.

Meanwhile, the GPL and EC you gave him is sitting in his safe.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Okay the Gallamites then....lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Why not the Bank of Bolia? They're like the Swiss of the Galaxy!