Lt. Commander
# 31
10-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I found the acting in Babylon 5 to be better........
Hard to beat Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Voyager definitely starts out rough. It picks up in the tail end of the first season, and by the 3rd season it's actually pretty good. I think Voyager actually had some of the best Borg story lines out of them all.

The worst acting, in my opinion, comes from Deep Space 9. I swear, it's.. just.. it's wrong. Sisko never improves as a lead. The writing was also fairly sketchy, too. Bleh. The only reason I'm watching it is because it's the last ST series I haven't seen every episode in (that's including TOS).

Plus, once season 3 hits they bring in the Defiant, which should make up for Sisko's AWFUL acting.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Hard to beat Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik.
In reality, B5 did start just as clunky as any new Scfi show on television but it quickly (imo) lept into very good as the episodes went by up until they retro added the 5th year.
Especially since the writer did not surgically remove Human nature from the personalities of the charatcers involved and kept the humans very human in function and attitiude.
No utopia.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Voyager is my favorite actually....

And to be honest, if you actually bother to watch the whole series you'll notice that it gets better as it goes along, the begining season was iffy acting-wise for a few episodes, but hey, that was when it was all starting up. Frist episode of TNG, the French captain surrendered.... :p

Plus....Voyager has The Doctor !!!
The funny thing about this is, the show did get better as it went along...

Until the series finale when it dropped a big F-bomb on everything that is Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Voyager is literally the worst Star Trek show by a wide margin. Ronald D Moore explains why:

http://www.lcarscom.net/rdm1000118.htm

It's almost offensive how much the people who made the decisions on Voyager hated their audience.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Voyager is literally the worst Star Trek show by a wide margin. Ronald D Moore explains why:

http://www.lcarscom.net/rdm1000118.htm

It's almost offensive how much the people who made the decisions on Voyager hated their audience.
I agree completely, though they made some bad choices with Enterprise too.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
I didn't have a problem with Voyager at first, and don't really have a majorly big one now. I just think the whole lost in space story got a bit boring near the end and how they always somehow beat the borg, 8472, and never rang out of anything! including people.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks a lot for posting the interview with Moore, it clears up so much. Thank God they Got Manny Coto on the last 2 seasons of Enterprise, they were fantastic and I highly recommend anyone who's ever liked Trek to check them out!
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Voyager was just a complete assualt of common sense and insane contrivances that achieve nothing but waste time.

The very first episode of Voyager aptly telegraphed how garbage the majority of it was going to be. Technobabble, rubbish decisions based on stupid logic and writers fiat to make everything get resloved so it wont cause sticky continuity issues.

Kazon - A bunch of aliens with intergalactic spaceships that have issues with water and their 'prison system' consists of a line you do not cross.

The Occampa - A race of space-Elves that live in a cave looking at a screen showing clouds and eating tacobell food the entire time. No wonder they less than a dog... they would die of boredom. Not to mention they can only have one child in their lifetime.
Negative Population growth !!! - The Occampa were a completely ****ed species before the Cartaker even met them.

The Caretaker - God creature that parades around with holographic garbage and plays a banjo.

Janeway - A Captain that is easily duped by Neelix into helping free his elf girlfriend at the risk of her OWN CREW. A Captain that loves to violate the Prime Directive because the space elves would become endangered BUT... will let an entire civilisation become extinct EVEN when she has the means to STOP it.
This disgusting act is only topped by Jonathan Archer doing the EXACT SAME THING and then justifying it one of the most vile distortions of Evolution imaginable.

"I have the cure for an entire species in my hand to prevent them becoming Extinct
" Extinction is a natural outcome of Evolution "
Evolution is about species adapting to AVOID extinction.
That would be like the Borg adapting so their enemies can kill them faster.

Chakotay - Lets make a completely offensive spiritual sterotype character that just loves to beat you over the head with the fact he has spiritual beliefs - that are completely BS versions of reality

Tom Paris - Hey, I am a convicted Felon that did something really bad which makes everyone hate me. I have no relation to that guy on TNG that committed an accident. Oh look, everyone that hates me magically died and Chakotay never mentions it again,

The Maquis: We hate the Starfleet cause they dont help us against the Evil Cardassians. Oh look, we are all a happy family by the end of the episode never to be seen again except at vague hints. What ?
The whole premise of the show was meant to be about conflict between the Maquis and the Federation crews trying to work together.

The Caretaker Array: We have to destroy the plot device so we can get stuck in the Delta Quadrant.
"Hey, cant they just use a timed explosive on the Array to blow after they use it"
Shut it
"Why not overload the (technobabble) on the Array so it dosent work after being used"
Shut it !
"Cant the Array simply be destroyed by the Caretaker as a means of denying that technology to the lesser species ?"
What part of SHUT UP dont you get, this is Voyager's chance to make a big explosion and cause some dynamic conflict over being stuck in the DQ because the Captain decided to !
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockonator View Post
Lols, you guys.

So far I think Kas is my favorite character. I am on episode 3 now.

She is the best actor so far, and the cutest. Lol.

EDIT:

HOLY $#!T, is Janeway the Argonian female voice!?!?
Wait til the gigantic disappointment when Kes [spoiler] gets replaced with the wooden 7 of 9 character