Lt. Commander
# 41
10-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockonator View Post
Damn, why are you guys so mean to Kas lol. She is my favorite character!
WHAT? The episode when she left the show i think was the greatest of the whole series. lol

Besides that, VOY was my favourite between all other STs..
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Behold the highs (Mostly TNG / DS9) and lows (Mostly Enterprise / Voyager) of Star Trek as reviewed by: SFDEBRIS

This guy does a wondeful job of reviewing episodes of Star Trek and was founded on the basis of how bad Voyager was.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockonator View Post
Lols, you guys.

So far I think Kas is my favorite character. I am on episode 3 now.

She is the best actor so far, and the cutest. Lol.

EDIT:

HOLY $#!T, is Janeway the Argonian female voice!?!?
Kes is his fave. lol. And I'm lol'ing because of a spoiler I won't share with you now.

And the actress for Janeway has done voice work for games before. She does Flemeth for the Dragon Age series.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Let me preface this by saying I liked Voyager (after season 2). But the one damn thing that really boiled me potatoes was the damn bridge. Why did they have 2 captains chairs siting side by side. It made no sense except the producers thought Janeway and Chakotay would be co-captains. Even TNG with the three seats made a distinction where they had 2 smaller seats on either side of the captain and were there own stations. Janeway and Chakotay had the flip monitor thing they both used.

And please never mention threshold.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
The Caretaker Array: We have to destroy the plot device so we can get stuck in the Delta Quadrant.
"Hey, cant they just use a timed explosive on the Array to blow after they use it"
Shut it
"Why not overload the (technobabble) on the Array so it dosent work after being used"
Shut it !
"Cant the Array simply be destroyed by the Caretaker as a means of denying that technology to the lesser species ?"
What part of SHUT UP dont you get, this is Voyager's chance to make a big explosion and cause some dynamic conflict over being stuck in the DQ because the Captain decided to !
To be fair, we later learned that Janeway knew they would be stranded in the Delta Quadrant due to the episode "Shattered", meaning that she intentionally stranded her crew in the Delta Quadrant because she had seen that it would happen in the future. Actually, you could rationalize a lot of her odd behavior with that episode, such as her treatment of Tuvixor disposition towards the Borg.

That makes her pretty cold hearted though.

One reason I like Sisko and Kirk. They're the kind of guys who would cheat death and break rules for their crew.

Janeway and to some extent Picard would be less likely to break the rules for the good of their crew. (See: when Riker got Q powers and Picard ordered him not to resurrect a dead little girl who was killed in the encounter with Q.)
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I always hate plots involving time travel and paradoxes. I also hate it when people are told not to "alter the timeline" even though merely being in the past has already altered it, unless they were meant to be in the past, in which case whatever they do they were meant to do.
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Voyager was idiotic because it completely abandoned its premise (a ship lost in space) and tried to be a TNG with more technobabble. There was a real opportunity for a character driven Trek as this lone ship struggled to get home with two completely different crews but instead of focusing on that the writers made episode after episode of Torres 'reversing polarity on the primary EPS conduits' and bad decisions that had no impact a week later. They could have removed the entire delta quadrant story arc and the series would have functioned fine.
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
The first few seasons of EVERY series were full of less than stellar episodes. Voy: Threshold, TNG: The Naked Now, DS9: Move Along Home, ENT: Too many to list. I won't list any TOS because it was limited by acting standards, costumes, effects, and by the 60s in general.
What was wrong with move along home? We got to see Sisko, Bishir, Dax, and Kira play Hopscotch while singing.
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykee
Voyager was idiotic because it completely abandoned its premise (a ship lost in space) and tried to be a TNG with more technobabble. There was a real opportunity for a character driven Trek as this lone ship struggled to get home with two completely different crews but instead of focusing on that the writers made episode after episode of Torres 'reversing polarity on the primary EPS conduits' and bad decisions that had no impact a week later. They could have removed the entire delta quadrant story arc and the series would have functioned fine.
Ron Moore had big ideas the year he worked on the show. Those ideas were shot down and found their way into Battlestar Galactica.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
And please never mention threshold.
Don't forget

Warp 10 is Lizards :p