Lt. Commander
# 71
10-19-2011, 07:30 AM
I agree with that article Moore did, however I do not understand the web masters choice of colors. Man that gave me a headache.

There should have been more survival situations. And they never did fully explain to the audience what the turning point was when they went from looking for food and supplies, to just going merrily along. And there should have been more children. After 7 years there is only 1 wedding, and kid on the ship? Well unless you count the 2 lizards getting it on in the episode that shall not be named.
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
kim isnt the ream kim
Other way aroung, Kim and Naiomi are the only real ones, the duplicate Voyage survived, that is why the (what ever the organ harvesting aliens are call) were able to dock with the real Voyage, it was the only one in the proper spatial alingment.
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Other way aroung, Kim and Naiomi are the only real ones, the duplicate Voyage survived, that is why the (what ever the organ harvesting aliens are call) were able to dock with the real Voyage, it was the only one in the proper spatial alingment.
Wasn't Kim ever replaced at some other point?
Lt. Commander
# 74
10-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
He pretty much nails it all. Voyager didn't feel real, and didn't trust its own premise. Even his comment on the prequel ideas (at that time, Enterprise wasn't really planned or in the works yet) seem to fit.

Mustrum "Since BSG, total Moore fanboi" Ridcully
I must be the odd one in the bunch, I really enjoyed Voyager for the most part. It could of had more episodes dealing with ship problems, but for the most part it didn't bother me that much thanks to the replicator and other methods used to get by.
Lt. Commander
# 75
10-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I honestly REALLY enjoyed voyager, but I don't think it lived up to it's potential. It should have been serialized, it should have been darker.
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Don't forget

Warp 10 is Lizards :p
True story, I was a latino before I went warp 10. XD

Also I'd like to say you rock to whoever linked sfdebris. I still scratch my head when people say Voyager was the worst, for me that distinction goes to ENT, it was supposed to be crude, less techie, and spartan. It immediately went back on that with blasters, shuttles, shields, time travel, and holodecks. Combine that with Archer's horrific morality speeches that were sometimes contradictory to THEMSELVES, and his obvious racism against Vulcans. Then add in T'Pol who is nothing more than super model eye candy that spends most of its time looking sweaty & staring blankly. A japanese girl who appears to be afraid of everything, and an out & out Texas redneck engineer. We have all these 1 dimensional characters, and no specific purpose for Enterprise with some mysterious time villain. At least Voyager had a goal: Get home. Personally, I think DS9 was the golden age of trek, we had 2 shows running & movies!
Lt. Commander
# 77
10-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
True story, I was a latino before I went warp 10. XD

Also I'd like to say you rock to whoever linked sfdebris. I still scratch my head when people say Voyager was the worst, for me that distinction goes to ENT, it was supposed to be crude, less techie, and spartan. It immediately went back on that with blasters, shuttles, shields, time travel, and holodecks. Combine that with Archer's horrific morality speeches that were sometimes contradictory to THEMSELVES, and his obvious racism against Vulcans. Then add in T'Pol who is nothing more than super model eye candy that spends most of its time looking sweaty & staring blankly. A japanese girl who appears to be afraid of everything, and an out & out Texas redneck engineer. We have all these 1 dimensional characters, and no specific purpose for Enterprise with some mysterious time villain. At least Voyager had a goal: Get home. Personally, I think DS9 was the golden age of trek, we had 2 shows running & movies!
THat was me.

In fairness to the one-dimensional characters, though, most fictional characters in serial shows like this will start out pretty shallow. As time goes on, they will generally have some depth develop. This was one failing with Enterprise, the depth took a LONG time to start coming (though it did start to happen - especially with T'Pol and Archer).

Most shows I give 2 seasons to find their feet. The third season is usually the turning point. Season 3 was TNGs best season, for example.
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Enterprise was Oscar worthy compared to Voyager. Enterprise went back on nothing unlike Voyager. Enterprise showed a new group of explorers finding there feet. The Characters were much mire then the 2d characters of Voyager. Read the other posts and Moores interview because you've clearly missed something.
Lt. Commander
# 79
10-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
Enterprise was Oscar worthy compared to Voyager. Enterprise went back on nothing unlike Voyager. Enterprise showed a new group of explorers finding there feet. The Characters were much mire then the 2d characters of Voyager. Read the other posts and Moores interview because you've clearly missed something.
Puhleeessse.... How can you be this naive ?

Enterprise was even WORSE than Voyager, the acting was awful, the characters acted in completely stupid ways and the stories were disgusting.

I.E
Trip gets date ***** by an Alien - Totally FUNNY !
Klingons see Date Rapist ship and are interested in HOLODECK technology rather than their STEALTH TECHNOLOGY. Klingons putting leisure before military tech - totally sensible

Vulcans - Hah, lets turn them all into pompus and arrogant ****** for no reason

'Quantum Dating' - Excuse me ?

Episode X: Lets beam down flashbangs to stun folks
Episode Y: We could totally use that tactic to stun those Andorians holding the monastry

Archer: I'm gonna reveal the military installation of an Ally
Next Episode:
Archer: The Vulcans arent playing nice anymore... dont you know Allies are meant to help each other ?
They still upset about me giving away secrets to the enemy ?

Most Damning of all:
Archer: I cant help this race avoid extinction, I have no right to interfere even if I have a cure in my hand. Phlox: Evolution says these folks have to die.

Four Seasons Later:
Organians: We arent going to bring your crew back because we dont have the right to interfere.
Phlox: You are barbaric !
Archer: Show some compassion !

From the depths of Season 1 the planet of aliens say: Where was your compassion for us Archer, huh ?

Enterprise managed to establish the Prime Directive was built on Archer being one of the most morally bankrupt self-serving individuals only surpassed by Janeway. The crew of Enterprise were all morons that dont understand why someone would put their hands on a HANDRAIL and Starfleet are incompetent for assembling a crew on their momentus new ship... that dont know what the hell they are doing.

'Oscar' Worthy indeed...
By this benchmark... the Expendables is a facinating look into the human condition the likes of which Shakespear could never match.
Lt. Commander
# 80
10-19-2011, 01:15 PM
aS A WHOLE i HATE THE WHOLE TIME-ANAMOLY ASPECTS THAT HAVE REARED ITS UGLY HEADS IN ANY OF THE TREK MANIFESTATIONS.