Lt. Commander
# 1 How to report players?
10-17-2011, 10:24 PM
I have a few players who, in PVP, were, for lack of a better term, sexually harassing me in the Ker'rat System.

Now usually I'm OK with smack talk because it's just a part of any competition where damage or destruction is involved, but when 4 Klingon players are telling me they're going to forcefully insert their rigid members into me, things have gone a little too far.

I have screenshots, and a saved conversation but I'm just wondering where I go to report the players? I don't want them to be taken offline, but a chat ban would definitely be suitable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
What I would do is create a ticket here http://www.startrekonline.com/support, as that's what StormShade'll probably say to do. Provide a link to all the screenshots and the saved conversation within the ticket so they can have all the evidence readily accessible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2011, 10:45 PM
http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline#help

here is the help link to the community support sytem.
Have your screenies linkable and enclose them in the report.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Keep it classy guys. Way to welcome a player into our game.

I can probably guess who they were. Anonymity makes tough guys of even the weakest cowards.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for deciding to report such behaviour. For every person that doesn't report it it just rolls on to yet another person who suffers needlessly and silently.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. I'm really not surprised that you said the Ker'rat system, so many crazies in there...
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-17-2011, 11:33 PM
In the nicest possible way, I hope they 'forcefully insert their rigid members' into a Horta
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Snow, I was in kerrat (same zone and different zone later) and really didn't see anything that was so overly personal. But I could see how it might have been offensive. You've got to understand, *you* were being a complete antagonist and your actions like that will bring out the worst in people. If you give smack, expect to get it back exponentially. It's part of competition. Even though you may have been there for pure pve reasons, smack talking brings out pvp talking, even if that's not what you're there for.

It was also *your* specific smack talking that prompted the call to the opvp channel to have all klink players available to come and put you and your fleet in your place.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-17-2011, 11:47 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-18-2011, 12:01 AM
You can tell me all you want. They are just words in an online chat box until you meet me in the street face to face. Internet talk is internet talk. If the abused feels it went too far, it's his job to say so. There's plenty of people who overstep the bounds in opvp, then somone says "hey, that was a little extreme and unnecessary", then the offender says "yeah probably so, sorry about that".

Sometimes some people are way too sensitive, and sometimes there are people who forget that fact.And that's also why the report function exists. If someone thinks someone else went too far, and no one else says anything, they can report it, and the devs can see if it went too far or not, and issue discipline as necessary. No objection to that at all.
Closed Thread