Lt. Commander
can we at least get another RA token?

Sounds rather simple don't you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2011, 11:43 AM
No, i say let is keep our VA token.

I don't need another worthless RA ship cluttering up my yet to level toons, I want a "unique" shiny VA ship as I have "always" had when attaining VA.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I guess I don't get it. Sure, I liked the VA token, and I am going to miss it, but why is this, of all the things wrong currently, worth making a fuss over right now?

Token whiners (myself among them, though not vocally) got a pretty sizable bone thrown to us with a Gold perk built in to boot. I really think, rather than make a fuss over being one token short, we'd better serve ourselves, Crytpic, and the community, by raising hell over the C-Store prices instead. Though maybe I just have different priorities. :\
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd say its not just the token, its how they're doing it. They announce to remove all "free" tokens, getting their expected outrage, then they "generously" give the lower level ones back and expect everyone to be happy and satisfied to buy the last and highest tier ship for 20 bucks additionally to subscription fee?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Which is exactly why i will be campaigning on and raising hell until a complete restoration of the tokens happens.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Which is exactly why i will be campaigning on and raising hell until a complete restoration of the tokens happens.
Occupy Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
I'd say its not just the token, its how they're doing it. They announce to remove all "free" tokens, getting their expected outrage, then they "generously" give the lower level ones back and expect everyone to be happy and satisfied to buy the last and highest tier ship for 20 bucks additionally to subscription fee?
I need to ask. In holodeck, I still have a free token for a VA ship, because I have a excelsior. So, I will lost my token ?

And my respecs ? I used only one. I will lost the others ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Guys, I just got the weirdest idea...

How about a C-Store ship Token that would allow a character to purchase any single ship in the game (including VA Retrofits and plus one's), but only on "per-character" basis, not account wide?

Purchasing a ship as they are unlocks it for the whole account. That means that every character will have access to that ship, will be able to discharge it, claim it again, etc.

A token I propose would be what we basically get now as we level up - a single purchase. No reclaims, just for one character. The exception would be that one can get any ship from the Shipyard.

Yeah, one would still have to spend C-Points (or exchange Dilithium), but the overall amount would be significantly smaller. Cryptic would still get money, while players would be able to choose whether they want a ship "forever", or just for that single character they'd like it to fly.

I do realise it's not "WE WANT IT FOR FREE!!!111one" solution, but it would be some alternative at least.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM
The only realistic solution is that Cryptic listens to reason and sticks with what works.
I.E keep the VA ship token we have now, there is absolutely no legitimate reason not to.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
The only realistic solution is that Cryptic listens to reason and sticks with what works.
I.E keep the VA ship token we have now, there is absolutely no legitimate reason not to.
You act like it is the end of the world without it. I can successfully fly VA with any ra ship. sometimes I prefer the RA ships...