Lt. Commander
# 1 Signature Help
10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I have a picture on my computer that would like to use as a signature. I emailed to myself using gmail so that I could get a URL for it. However after 3 weeks it has stopped appearing. What other ways could I get it to work and permanently?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck View Post
I have a picture on my computer that would like to use as a signature. I emailed to myself using gmail so that I could get a URL for it. However after 3 weeks it has stopped appearing. What other ways could I get it to work and permanently?
Was your image within the limitations set in the forum signature guidelines? Was it removed by a mod or was it just the side effect of a gremlin's handy work?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Was your image within the limitations set in the forum signature guidelines? Was it removed by a mod or was it just the side effect of a gremlin's handy work?
Wouldn't there be a sentence there saying that it was removed had it been? And wouldn't he have received a notification of some sort?

No. I think that because you were storing the image in a gmail it simply got wiped when they refreshed their servers.

The best way to store a signature would be to open an account with photobucket or any other of the free online photo storage sites. Once you upload the file there it will be permanent as long as you want it to be.

Do however remember about the limitations Capulet mentioned. Images must be in .jpg format and must be within 150x500 pixels.

Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Yea it fit the parameters and I think you are right gmail must have wiped it after awhile. Ill try one of those photo websites
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Or you can be creative like me and make a nice sig like mine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2011, 01:28 PM
ok i tried it still isnt working, must not be in the parameters then i guess

EDIT : I still dont see why it just stopped working and now wont work using a different website. Did they change the parameters for the signature lately? Maybe it did get removed by a mod?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
ok i tried it still isnt working, must not be in the parameters then i guess

EDIT : I still dont see why it just stopped working and now wont work using a different website. Did they change the parameters for the signature lately? Maybe it did get removed by a mod?
No.

If you hosted the image on a website, make sure you are getting the View link for the image. Do not try to link to a page the image is on. To do this right click the image and click View Image, then copy that link.

Lt. Commander
# 8
10-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the help guys.
No problem, man.