Lt. Commander
# 11
10-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Sure the K'vort has only been seen with wings up on screen, but the whole BOP construction does not make much sense with imobile wings.
Well, we do know that even Star Trek ships still have to get rid of excess heat

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Heat_dissipation_unit

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs32/f/20...ShishaGott.jpg

(on the cutaway point number "31" is "heat dissipation vents" which are the dark "stripes" on the forward part of the nacelle pylons) so my guess is the can still have a reasonable function on such a ship: giant heat radiators for the giant guns...bigger than a K't'inga's warp nacelles.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2...ktingacomp.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnonSeek View Post
If anything the KDF Cruisers a lacking in the way of firepower compared to their Federation counter parts. As it stands right now the Federation version refit Excelsior has no equal counterpart in the KDF. Claiming the KDF ships are overpowered just shows how naive some of the players in this game on their knowledge of the other factions ships.
I play both factions and PvP on a regular basis thank you very much.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-19-2011, 07:31 AM
I don't think asking for a Battle Cruiser with this set-up;
Ensign Tac
LTC Tac
LT Eng
LT Sci
LTC Eng

would be too much to ask or be unbalanced for KDF play.
Especially in view of the AHCRs set-up of ;
Ensign Eng
LT Eng
COM Eng
LTC tac
LT Sci

Frankly the OP KDF stigmata is a myth that refuses to die and I'm tired of it being used to gimp the faction when it comes to balance.
Though it does tickle me that the 82% feds think that the 18% KDF are OP becuase of thier ships and not based on thier individual skill of gameplay and the fact that this "belief" still exists after all the new consoles added to the game recently.

Its time to stop the gimping of the KDF based off of old out dated beliefs that hold no merit.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnonSeek View Post
If anything the KDF Cruisers a lacking in the way of firepower compared to their Federation counter parts. As it stands right now the Federation version refit Excelsior has no equal counterpart in the KDF. Claiming the KDF ships are overpowered just shows how naive some of the players in this game on their knowledge of the other factions ships.
I would still suggest that the KDF cruisers turn rate advantage and ability to mount Dual and Heavy Cannons are a real asset for the KDF. Excelsiors are limited to beams and single cannons and the Gal-X doesnt really turn well enough to take advantage of Dual and Heavy Cannons it can mount (its kind of like mounting a GAU-30 on the front of a school bus).
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Seriously just use the Karfi... tons of TAC slots and 2 fighter wings... also turns pretty well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I would still suggest that the KDF cruisers turn rate advantage and ability to mount Dual and Heavy Cannons are a real asset for the KDF. Excelsiors are limited to beams and single cannons and the Gal-X doesnt really turn well enough to take advantage of Dual and Heavy Cannons it can mount (its kind of like mounting a GAU-30 on the front of a school bus).
Quite, my Vor'cha has heck of a lot more bite than my excelsior.
But then again when I play Klingon I'm more in for doing attack runs rather than slugging it out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
(its kind of like mounting a GAU-30 on the front of a school bus).
Point of order.

Mounting a GAU-30 on a school bus actually sounds quite fun.
And could lead to its use on other municipal vehicles as well.
I imagine that more people would clear a way for ambulances and emergency service vechiles if this was true.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
I, as is usually the case, will go far against the grain and say no. The KDF, with its unique ship classifications, does not need these weird LtC hybrid ships.

Sure, the KDF doesn't have a counterpart to the Excelsior-R, the MVAE, and the D'Kyr/Nebula-R, but with exclusive access to carriers and battle cloaking raiders, we don't need them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
It merely seems strange that a war-ready race as the Klingons have more non-tactical heavy based Battle cruisers, is all., and a single vessel with a LTC tac slot in the vessels of the line does not strecth the balance to me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It merely seems strange that a war-ready race as the Klingons have more non-tactical heavy based Battle cruisers, is all., and a single vessel with a LTC tac slot in the vessels of the line does not strecth the balance to me.
By "vessels of the line" surely you mean the Vo'Quv... very surviable, LtC slot... best ship in game