Lt. Commander
# 21
10-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasJung
Same here. No characters to select for transfer.
I got this also. i just loged into a holodeck then loged out and it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm sort of intrigued what economic data they think they're getting. Unless they're planning to open a new server (which would be dumb), the inflation effects on holodeck, the value of relatively rare items for twinking and so on completely wreck the 'cash' value of things players have, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. On tribble, cash is king. You buy absolutely nothing of value, because you can level fine in random gear*, and there's no point in investing in decent gear anyway since it's a testing character. On live cash in small amounts is basically worthless. 100k on test is like 20 played hours. On live 100k isn't even noticeable. On tribble, in 30 or however many hours it is I've put into my fed toon, I've burned through about 130k cash, and I only got about 100k levelling my KDF toon at all. I'll burn through most of what's left on both trying to rank up the doff system.

I'm just not seeing how the data here, cash entering the server, wealth distribution, etc. are going to provide even remotely useful data.

* that doesn't mean it isn't harder, or slower, just that the differential isn't worth the effort. You can get good not necessarily good, but at least consistent and the correct type of gear from the exchange basically for free (say DHCs or whatever if that's what you want).
Lt. Commander
# 23
Cool...but what are you going to do about the VA token issue?
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
*sigh* was hoping to see a footnote about the VA ship tokens being restored.

On the matter of transfers, sucks that we are limited to a single character transfer.
Now I will need to choose wether to test the conversion rate, or to transfer and raise one of my lower level characters one level to qualify for the Tribble reward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
No, we track newly created and transferred characters separately. As long as you don't delete the character you started from scratch and leveled up on Tribble, it will be eligible for rewards.
I think this works the other way around also
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
My understanding is that Tribble rewards are only for newly started Tribble characters. Leveling a transferred character does not make you eligible for any of the rewards.
Actually they mentioned extra rewards for leveling a transferred character as well.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Not able to transfer using Google Chrome. When I click on Character, I just get select with no other options. Used Internet Explorer and it worked fine.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Actually they mentioned extra rewards for leveling a transferred character as well.
Hmm. I must have missed that as I don't recall reading anything to that effect. Do tell.

(or link?)
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
The leveling rewards only apply to newly created tribble characters. The duty officer and tribble rewards can be obtained with a transferred character.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-18-2011, 04:44 PM
I just transfered my richest character (very rich actually) merits, badges, emblems and all that wise to tribble.

38,000 dilithium...

...Might wanna ponder that conversion rate there Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Can you point to a quote or other evidence for that? I had not heard or read that anywhere, plus, from reading this Dev quote from THIS thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
No, we track newly created and transferred characters separately. As long as you don't delete the character you started from scratch and leveled up on Tribble, it will be eligible for rewards.
It seems to imply that it HAS to be a newly created tribble character NOT a transfer to get the rewards.

Unless you are thinking of a different set of rewards mentioned somewhere . . . .