Lt. Commander
# 1 Possible DOFF suggestion!
10-18-2011, 05:59 PM
No idea if this is the right place to put this, as I was going to throw it up in the FEEDBACK section but figured as it pertained to a system currently in testing in Tribble, I decided to put it here. If it should be moved, please move it.

Anyway, I was discussing with a friend about how there are a bunch of unique Doffs available (with quotes, which is damn cool btw), and wondered how addictive it would be to have another layer added to the Doff system, a kind of "gotta catch em all" collectors menu. Where it would track your progress of which doffs you have owned and which ones you still need to find. It would promote trading of spare doffs for ones you didn't have, not just for stats/bonuses, but for that extra "joy" of just having them all.

The question is whether to make it so that all you need to do is to have owned it at some point, or actually have to perma-retire the doff to add him to the collection. If you retire him, that makes it a hard choice, but having the other route means people could just trade them to get them on their list.

It would also add more value to doubles of DOFFs you find and give them more value and spur the trade community too. Think of it like Hockey Cards for Doffs...

Also maybe a smartphone app for keeping track of active assignments your Doffs are out on... Am I asking too much? Would be cool, lol.

Apart from that, Doff System so far has been a stellar idea and works great. Its made me log in more times in the past week than in the past 2 months.