Lt. Commander
I've been doing a lot of science missions with my DOFFs, and it's become painfully obvious that there aren't enough technological data reward missions offered. I have a Fed whose bank has a row for each of the data tiers, and while I have something in each of the first 3 bank slots, there's a big empty column 4 where my first overflow stack of technological data would be for each tier. Some of the first column stacks aren't even into triple digits, but I've got multiple stacks of the other two types in each tier.

Are we supposed to be getting this data from some other class of DOFF mission, like engineering? I haven't noticed any, though admittedly it's hard to tell right now with the way reward items are a generic icon instead of the specific item icon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Exploration provides Tech data samples.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Each assignment tells you what data samples you will get in the name of the assignment.. don't bother with the reward icon it's a generic place holder, go by the name of the assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Guess I'm not doing enough exploration.

Hmm, but then I'm also getting offered maybe 3-5 exploration missions at best compared to often 8-10 science missions in a given sector. Does that ratio need a tweak?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM
So, why is it split into science and exploration? Why can't it all be the same subcategory? It's basically all scanning and exploring for data.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
So, why is it split into science and exploration? Why can't it all be the same subcategory? It's basically all scanning and exploring for data.
I have to agree with marika.shran it doesn't make sense. i can understand science and medical been split but not exploration. you need to do something about it.