Lt. Commander
OK lets try a bit of Math here.

We formerly needed to grind 500 Emblems for a VA1 Ship

1 Emblem Translates to 480 Dilithium (at least from the daily reward side of things)

so 240,000 dilithium should in theory give us a VA1 - C-Store Ship
(of course now we need to sell that dilithium to some Pay 2 Win minded Player...)

a VA1 Ship now costs 1600 C-Points (this is on Tribble and ...ah screw me! of course that won't change)
so 1600 C-Points is the number i will expect to get for my 500 Emblem Grind from now on.

-> 240000 / 1600

150 dilithium would be the appropriate amount for 1 C-Point

//edit:
-> 8000 dilithium = 53,33333 C-Points /per day * 30 = 1600 C-Points a MONTH

...and now tell me where i'm wrong ;P
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Meh.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-19-2011, 09:10 AM
and while we are at it...

is there ANYBODY IN HERE who actually WANTS to buy dilithium for C-Points?

i still do not believe that this is going to work at all and that Cryptic will have to come up with a new masterplan.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-19-2011, 09:11 AM
The question is kind of moot as the actual exchange rate will not be fixed. It will be governed by the supply/demand balance of the market in the exchange.

PS - My character is maxed out and I'm a lifer. I plan to sell my C-point stipend and continue to show my support for the game by buying additional c-points when I see something I want. Basically I'm one of those people Jheinig is talking about that have plenty of money but not a lot of time to grind.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Until the final cost for items you buy with Dilithium is established there is no way to make a real comparison. IE, there is no way to know how much someone be willing to trade CPs for Dilithium for until it is exactly known what you can buy with Dilithium. How much Dilithium is needed to fully outfit a ship, and the amount of time needed to get that much Dilithium, will determine how much people are going to be willing to trade CPs for Dilithium.

If we assume it will be an average of 3 months to grind for all the best Dilithium gear then it just comes down the person deciding how much they are willing to pay to save themselves 3 months of grinding. So people might have no problem dropping 50 bucks for that, while others might only value that at $5.00. As with all MMOs that will really depend on how much you like to grind.

And even then we will have the gambler factor: one person will offer 100 CP for 10,000 Dilithium, for example, while the next person might offer 120 CP; or it might be 120 for 5,000, or 50,000, or impossible to guess at this time.

Speaking for myself, as someone who has little interest in the STO end-game, and who does not PvP, I tend to park my characters when they get to level cap and start over. That generally means I will have a descent amount of Dilithium to unload on the C-Store as I have no interest in using it myself - I do not need all the nice purple gear to be effective in PvE. So I will be dumping my 51 levels of grinding Dilithium for CP to keep buying all the newer ships for my next characters.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-19-2011, 09:22 AM
while we are at it there is gonna be dilitium farmers out there i will eaven bet players multiboxing stfs just to maximise dilitum stuff .

then on the other side making dilitium tradable for cstore points opens up an can of worms ppl havent discussed yet and thats hackers taking over your account posting all ur dil for 1 cpoint and bying it quick .
or selling all ur cpoints for 1 dil and basically stealing ur money that way...this whole thing has me quite worried especially since its easy to buy new cstor points as u dont verify ur cstore purchases on ur cred card in any way they just push them trugh so basically 1 hacked account linked with a cred card , can now be emptied and sold , and with cryptics policy on no returns on cstore purchaeses..... this is wery worrysome.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
then on the other side making dilitium tradable for cstore points opens up an can of worms ppl havent discussed yet and thats hackers taking over your account posting all ur dil for 1 cpoint and bying it quick .
or selling all ur cpoints for 1 dil and basically stealing ur money that way...
You do realize that Cryptic tracks IPs and your account activity, right? They can even do this on the forum for people who have multiple accounts they post with. It will take them only a few minutes to see the transaction log, reverse it, and shut down the account of the hacker.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-19-2011, 09:38 AM
of course supply + demand factors into it.
but i was talking about the WORTH of it... if you sell / buy below / above it's worth, that is your choice.

but we need a house number somewhere to start from.
and for the moment 150 : 1 seems to be it.
take a look at the calendar, the "F2P Test: Open Currency Exchange" is scheduled to start tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-19-2011, 09:42 AM
well with a good team you can do a stf for 1.100 unrefined dil in like 5-10mins wich means every player in the game will hit the refine cap every day quite easy so the supply of dil will be constant ,only the cstore purchases are in flux so its quite hard to set a price..... especially since its the buyers market considering the DIL will allways be there...
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
and while we are at it...

is there ANYBODY IN HERE who actually WANTS to buy dilithium for C-Points?

i still do not believe that this is going to work at all and that Cryptic will have to come up with a new masterplan.
I dont want to, but it works in other global games. Yeah we have to see just how they want to make it work,but it can be viable. I know in WOT(World of Tanks--before you laugh look up how many subs they have) they make most of their cash from players exchanging ingame currency for premium points. It may not work in STO...but it works like crazy for WOT. They are making tons of cash. So much that they are working on a second game, they regularly release content, and they have no problem getting new subs every day. Now WOT is a totally diff game, of course, but im saying that you may be shocked to learn just how many ppl embrace such a system.