11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham6410 View Post
My guess is they need to install a few more servers to cope with demand
Yes, I see that Tribble is full .......
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2011, 06:20 AM
I play with the Low preset, fullscreen @ 1600x900. running an i7 2.8 sandy bridge, a mobile nvidia 4200 (equivalent to a 520) with 1gb dedicated vram, win7 x64. This also happens at really off hours, so it can't be a peak usage problem of servers being overloaded.

I've no experienced this problem on tribble twice out of 2 attempts to enter ESD. the first time was when I initially got through the tutorial - went to space and came back to get stuck around 95% on the loading screen. I've let it sit and eventually it would disconnect. Now I know to just tab out and close the app and start messing with it. That was a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what resolved it, but I kept playing with launcher options:

1) disabled on-demand patching (thinking maybe it couldn't download the world or something. let it patch more in the patcher, logged in, no dice

2) turned on-demand patching back on and selected safe mode, got in. Set my settings back to Low preset, fullscreen @ 1600x900

The second time it happened was 9am EST on a Friday morning - certainly nowhere near a peak period

Checked safe mode in the patcher and got in. Was able to put my video settings back to the Low preset, fullscreen @ 1600x900
Lt. Commander
You've hit on a major problem. I have a character I connot access becuase of this issue. I have waited up to a half hour for the character to load going into ESD and it will not load...
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2011, 04:20 PM
If dilithiun is a time based currency...I should have a million by the time I get in to esd
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-18-2011, 06:57 PM
I have the same problem trying to laod into earth space dock too. Where is the customer service in this game? They create tribble for us to playtest their product, and we invest our time and sometimes our money only to have it made worthless because you pick up a bug that ruins your character. You send in a ticket or post on these forums and nothing happens. I'm a lifetime subscriber, which I have never regretted, but with all your c-store items and your free to play model, I will never put another dollar to this game as I don't know when something will glitch or bug that makes my character unplayable and I can't get any assistance to fix it. And I think it is only fair that new people coming to the game are made aware of this before they start putting their money down.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-18-2011, 07:06 PM
This problem has been persistent since f2p hit Tribble... I hope there is a fix in the works
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Just ran into this long loading at ESD again. Seems its still not fixed. Arg.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Now 2 Characters lost at ESD.
11-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I really do not think this will be ready to launch in JAN 12 if the bug creep keeps up!
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by padrinho View Post
Just ran into this long loading at ESD again. Seems its still not fixed. Arg.
This is a BIG Problem...

Keep trying to load yer toon, it will eventually work, I had to do it 15 times the other evening before it fianlly worked.

Also, watch the Load Count on the screen, if ya get to between 95% and 96% and it doesn't move for more than a minute, close out and try again...

Otherwise yer system will just get caught in a loop and nothing will happen for a good 5 to 10 minutes until the Server Lost pop-up shows.

Once ya do get into the game...

DON'T LEAVE YOUR TOON AT ESD when yer done playing.

Go to SFA or to yer ship.

Also, DON'T TRY TO GO DIRECTLY TO ESD FROM the SOL SYSTEM...

Chances are you will get hung up again.

It seems fairly safe to try and get to ESD from SFA... at least so far.

(I have gotten hung up there a couple of times trying that)

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-19-2011, 11:48 AM
It's bad enough during the week, but is exponentially worse on weekends...
Closed Thread