Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
11-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm really getting annoyed with Tribble, I can't beam down to do the Defera Invasion (keeps crashing to desktop for the past 4+ days) and I can't access ESD as remains on loading screen for forever. I'm beginning to lose my patients
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-19-2011, 06:28 PM
If they have the same ESD issue when this hits holodeck, there's going to be a lot of very annoyed people. Holodeck probably has more horsepower behind it, so we'll see.

Heaven help them if it's still happening come Jan 17th...
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-20-2011, 05:24 AM
ESD is taking an age to load for me too. Last night, between clicking the 'Dock' button and ESD actually loading, so much time passed I had the 'You have been AFK for more than 10 minutes' message on my screen when it finally loaded.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-20-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble with it hanging on the load screen, too. I logged out earlier today and when I logged in tonight, I got the load screen but it stopped around 96% before the server stopped responding.
Lt. Commander
If DEVs are keeping statistics it took quite a while to get into ESD at the time above and when I finally got to ESD, I was disconnected from the server. This needs to be fixed prior to going to Holodeck!
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasdean View Post
If DEVs are keeping statistics it took quite a while to get into ESD at the time above and when I finally got to ESD, I was disconnected from the server. This needs to be fixed prior to going to Holodeck!
This is the kind of problem I was having with my old computer. But then, it could barely run STO as it was. My new one is fine apart from ESD on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Well, I'm stuck now, since I last saved on ESD and now I can't get away from ESD because it's not loading anymore, client even crashes if I try to Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of the game.

Well ... since I can't play the game really without getting to ESD, I'll be skipping the playtime until December 8th, because there's basically nothing I could do except the tutorial (which can now be skipped) and then academy (no fleet bank access, just personal bank) ... other than that, nothing.

By the way, it would be nice to have more exchange and fleet bank opportunities outside or close to ESD, then not too many would even bother warping into the ESD ground zone area. Perhaps even in the Sol system itself, an orbital exchange and bank / fleet bank and e-mail access?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
Well, I'm stuck now, since I last saved on ESD and now I can't get away from ESD because it's not loading anymore, client even crashes if I try to Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of the game.

Well ... since I can't play the game really without getting to ESD, I'll be skipping the playtime until December 8th, because there's basically nothing I could do except the tutorial (which can now be skipped) and then academy (no fleet bank access, just personal bank) ... other than that, nothing.

By the way, it would be nice to have more exchange and fleet bank opportunities outside or close to ESD, then not too many would even bother warping into the ESD ground zone area. Perhaps even in the Sol system itself, an orbital exchange and bank / fleet bank and e-mail access?
Keep trying ...

Watch the count down timer... if it gets to between 95% to 96% and doesn't move after a minute or so, close out and try again... otherwise yer computer will just get caught in a loop and usually nothing will happen till the SERVER FAIL pops up.
(keep STO in Minimized Window Mode while you do this, it's easier to close it without having to use CTRL/ALT/DELETE)

It took me 15 tries the last time I had to do this.

Also, once ya do get in, DON'T LEAVE Your Toon at ESD..., leave it at SFA or in your ship...

AND don't try to get to ESD FROM your ship in the SOL System..., go to SFA THEN to ESD.

If ya wanna avoid ESD completely (except to Rank up) go do the AZURA Mission again and get the AZURA II Data Chip...

It allows you to call the ship to your location... It has the BANK-FLEET BANK-MAIL-BUY/SELL options that you can use where ever you are.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-21-2011, 08:38 AM
I have that device already, butt it's only useful for once every 2 hours, otherwise there's a cooldown. And I am sick of workarounds, sorry. Either I can use the basic functions of the game normally (I was expecting bugs on Tribble, butt not basical ones like these all the time), or I just don't play until it's fixed. Sorry, butt I've got enuff for today.

Ticket ID #25,442 on Tribble opened just now.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
I have that device already, butt it's only useful for once every 2 hours, otherwise there's a cooldown. And I am sick of workarounds, sorry. Either I can use the basic functions of the game normally (I was expecting bugs on Tribble, butt not basical ones like these all the time), or I just don't play until it's fixed. Sorry, butt I've got enuff for today.
Understood...

It IS VERY Frustrating.

Starbase 39 ... K-7 Station ... DS-9 ... also have Fleet bank and The Exchange, so They probably won't add anything just outdside of ESD...

..though I thnk that is a good suggestion.
Closed Thread