Lt. Commander
# 71
11-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Thank you Necrion and Raven-SB for the updates. I was happy to see those posts in the Dev Tracker today. It's nice to get some good news, though I agree about my uncertainty over single-purchase C-Store items going forward.

I have made changes to the OP including adding a "Revoked Changes" section in the second post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I came up with a reason why having the 250 Emblem reward was a bad idea for the new economy... >snip<
Starkaos, I get what you're trying to say, and believe me, you're not the first to explain that point of view. It doesn't change my feelings and facts (here and here) which boil down to:

Losing 250 Emblems worth of buying power from the Vet Reward is a negative impact to my subscription value.

Ideally an equitable replacement would have been provided straight away, in a clearly announced, explained, and pre-planned manner. The fact that after much gnashing of teeth they're saying they'll get around to a replacement is, at this point, unsatisfactory.
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-01-2011, 02:25 AM
What was the reason for the VA ship token removal? That just seems silly to me to do that to paying players.
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
What was the reason for the VA ship token removal? That just seems silly to me to do that to paying players.
D'Angelo said because they wanted to sell this for silver, and letting it available for golds could cause a "exploit" where a silver sub for a month, get the token, and then unsub. Not that I agree with him. There was a couple of suggestion floating around, like giving the ability to receive the VA free token as 100-day vet reward. (which means subbing for more than 3 months) or simply locking silver chars on VA ships bought with VA token on ESD until they unequip it.

All these changes are really bad, and I am getting really mad at PW (and PW especifically. I can't believe that the same persons that activaly heard our feedback become what we see now overnight. I prefer to believe that PW is forbiding them). And this is reaching a critical point. The people at StarbaseUGC already lauched a Boycott on C-Store (check here). And I'm really thinking on start taking some organized form of protest also. I thought on a chart, saying all the bad changes, why they are bad, and suggestions to make they better. The OP would be a good start to it. Them let lots of people sign it (thought something like 1000 signatures. Don't know if this is too low or too much). And them, send it for both, Cryptic and PW. Perhaps, if they start to see organised actions like this, they may understand how many people are unhappy with these changes. Don't know if this is a good idea. That's why I'm posting it here. Anyway, it's sad someone (on the case, me) arrived on the point where it started to think things like this. It means that the old Cryptic that dialogued with the community is over and become just another company. Cryptic, you lost your strong point, what made you unique. Now you are just another MMO company.
Lt. Commander
# 74
11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X View Post
Capitain Wilhelm has pretty much covered it, but if you want to read it yourself, here's the D'Angelo post Wilhelm refers to:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3806649

(I'll add it to the OP.)
Lt. Commander
# 75
11-04-2011, 11:23 AM
CaptainGeko's post yesterday talked about some of the topics I'm tracking, including the VA Ship Tokens, Gold Subscriber Dilithium Refining, and Dilithium Crafting.

Geko's post:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=239471

My Response:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...35#post3845135

Links added to my OP.
Lt. Commander
# 76
11-07-2011, 01:26 AM
It's great seeing the Updates to this thread
Lt. Commander
# 77
11-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfman View Post

* No VA Ship Token:

While you indeed not get a token anymore, you gain dilithium during leveling.

And as a fed i can get to VA in less then a week, good luck getting 120.000 refined dilithium in that time....

Cryptic really doesn't want us to use dilithium to buy ships, that's why they cost so insanely much and is also why we can't refine everything we have at once.

Basically Dilithium is the new emblems, something you CAN use to buy ships with but is for most people to much of a bother to be arsed with because it takes to long...

And obviously that's what Cryptic is planning for...
Lt. Commander
# 78
11-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Great thread...everyone giving CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, pros- cons, and staying relatively mature...

Kudos to the OP and those responding. Keep it up and maybe this will get noticed!

I think with the new Vet rewards annouced today the Devs (and maybe PW) is listening and trying to meet us half-way. But really....600 day vet reward for a starship..wow thats a lot of subscription money to get one VA starship for free.