Lt. Commander
# 121
10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Crafting
  • Returned the ability to craft uncommon or rare even-mark gear, but with a cost in dilithium in addition to crafting materials.
    • The dilithium cost is a percentage of the cost to flat out buy the item from the dilithium store. The dilithium cost percentage increases with the rank of the item you’re crafting.
  • Very rare gear is still only craftable at the odd marks (including Mk XI), with a dilithium cost.
  • The same crafting update in progress for Klingons.
]
I thought the whole bloody point to crafting was that it was a means to get high level items without having spend money on them, and instead invest quite a bit of time and effort collecting the necessary materials to craft said item.

Adding in a dilithium cost makes crafting pointless. Thanks a lot Cryptic for forcing every single crafter in the game to retire. I guess you guys forgot rule number one when making updates: IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
Lt. Commander
# 122
10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Crafting

Returned the ability to craft uncommon or rare even-mark gear, but with a cost in dilithium in addition to crafting materials.
The dilithium cost is a percentage of the cost to flat out buy the item from the dilithium store. The dilithium cost percentage increases with the rank of the item you’re crafting.
Very rare gear is still only craftable at the odd marks (including Mk XI), with a dilithium cost.
The same crafting update in progress for Klingons.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! YOU ARE MAKING THE ENDGAME A GRINDFEST!!!

Enough with adding dilithium to everything, don't you think it is enough that you took away free ships and now they are in the C-store. You have taken away the free ship at VA....

Now not only to you have to grind for anomalies, but now you also have to add dilithium to it??????? Isn't the reason we are crafting it is because we can't buy it......

You are taking a fun game and ruining it, please stop with adding cost to everything!!!
Instead of adding code to the game to add dilithium to crafting, how about spending that time on fixing bugs that have been around for over a year, and you are right I'm mad about this and trying to be nice about it.....

You guys are getting ridiculous, please stop the insanity.....
Lt. Commander
# 123 Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
10-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Meh, mostly a lurker on these-here forums and like to keep it that way, but the whole whacked-out economy thing with the crafting has prompted me to ignore my anti-social nature and pipe up.

Since this is probably my first, last, and only post here, might as well pull out the five-dollar words.

Definitely a urinary-discharge-poor idea, at least with the current levels teh Cryptic has in place.

It's hoped that the level of negative feedback and vitriol, paired with whatever bad sentiments or weird, blasphemous hyper-sigilic animal-sacrifice rituals to the Elder Gods designed to curse the designer or the Perfect World Masters(tm) that thought this a good idea which some of the more...alternative contingent of the game-playing audience may think to conduct would give way to some sort of modification.

I myself like to keep in mind that this is only a build and the next one will "fix" some of this outrage, just as the last couple "fixed" the wonky-ness of the DIL-for-Ships business.

TL;DR: If you want teh Cryptic to fix this Abomination against nature and God him/her/itself that passes for "Crafting," keep the comments coming, peoples.

Good luck. And Cthulu Bless.
Lt. Commander
# 124
10-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Ships:
  • T3 Excelsior
    • Transwarp is now a Transwarp Drive Coil Console.
    • Console grants Transwarp plus a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Aux Efficiency Stat.
    • Added Tactical Console Slot.
    • Upgraded Ensign Engineering Boff slot to a Lt Engineering Boff Slot.
  • T5 Excelsior Retrofit
    • Now comes with an Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil console mod.
    • Console grants Transwarp (but no longer to Sirius, Regulus, or Pi Canis), but also grants a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Aux Performance Stat.
    • No console slots added.
Can someone from Cryptic please, please, please explain why those of us who have already purchased the T5 Excelsior Retrofit are going to lose three transwarp powers that we have already paid for and are expected to spend another 800 points ($10) in the C-store to buy the T3 Excelsior to get those powers back and must give up a second console slot in the process?
Lt. Commander
# 125
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
This is just ridiculous.
Cryptic seems to be intent on continously trying to drive people away from the game.

Lets review their list of failures shall we.

- No VA ship tokens.
- No respecs without tokens.
- Removal of playable content.
- Chained episodes "forcing" the player down a linear story progression.
- A highly dubious C-Store/Dilithium economy.
- Crippled crafting.

Did i miss something?
- Tattered Exploration
- Still deplorably low amount of content
- Klingon Faction level gutted rather than built on
- Overall serious uncaring nature directed at PAYING customers
- Events System with events that need polish

Otherwise this is a perfect recap of the main failures that have yet to be addressed in this P2W testing.

The sole bright shining star of this is the Doff system.
Lt. Commander
# 126
Yet another good question for Cryptic.....

Don't know they were thinking of this week and with this patch.

I really hope this isn't a picture of things to come with next week's skill tree patch........
Lt. Commander
# 127
Ok, am I the only one who has noticed this?

T3 Excelsior

Transwarp is now a Transwarp Drive Coil Console.
Console grants Transwarp plus a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Aux Efficiency Stat.
Added Tactical Console Slot.
Upgraded Ensign Engineering Boff slot to a Lt Engineering Boff Slot

Sounds reasonable, Transwarp becomes a console but is given a console slot to make up for it. Seems to be the same for every other ship.

Well almost . . .

T5 Excelsior Retrofit

Now comes with an Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil console mod.
Console grants Transwarp (but no longer to Sirius, Regulus, or Pi Canis), but also grants a passive bonus to Weapon, Shield, Engine, and Aux Performance Stat.
No console slots added.

Huh? Did I miss something? The Transwarp ability is being turned into a console power but there is NO additional console slot being offered to make up for it. In fact unless I read the post incorrectly it's the only ship not recieveing an extra console slot when it's ability is being turned into a console. Did the T5 Excelsior do something wrong to someone there, or is there just a general dislike of the T5 version? After doing this to it who would want to fly this over a T5 Galaxy refit with a no console saucer separation ability and an additional science console slot thrown in. I am really hoping this is just a massive oversight on your part because that just seems to be penalizing those of us who like to fly the T5 Excelsior class for no good reason at all. If this sounds a bit sarcastic I apologize but really . . .

What the . . . ?
Lt. Commander
# 128
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
Can someone from Cryptic please, please, please explain why those of us who have already purchased the T5 Excelsior Retrofit are going to lose three transwarp powers that we have already paid for and are expected to spend another 800 points ($10) in the C-store to buy the T3 Excelsior to get those powers back and must give up a second console slot in the process?
QFT

Lets hope its a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 129
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
For some reason, I thought of how the reaction would be had they 'suggested' the dilithium for crafting as a 'potential' for a future patch instead of just putting it in...

Seems most of the people, at least the ones talking here, would have said it was a 'bad idea'. And I wonder if they'd have implemented it anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 130
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
I second this question, especially since it is a very bad business practice in taking away a part of something that has already been paid for. It's like buying a turkey dinner and enjoying it for 30 minutes when your waiter comes up to your table with a spoon and says "I'm sorry sir, even though you have already paid for this meal I'm afraid I'm going to have to take back the mashed potatoes and gravy" and then proceeds to scoop up the potatoes right there.
Closed Thread