Lt. Commander
# 151
10-20-2011, 11:25 AM
With all of those ships added to the C-Store on tribble, can we get another Stipind in order to test them out?
Lt. Commander
# 152
The perhaps they should keep it all the same and instead double or tripple the amount of Dilithium ore earned and amount refineable.... I might be a bit happier.
Lt. Commander
# 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post
Good point... this is ship has taken a beating with these changes
For sure, everywhere i look i see Cryptic trying to screw us over in every way possible.
Lt. Commander
# 154
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Well. it makes sense to make crafting more expensive given the ease to do so previously compared to the cost of vendor items now. But adding a dilithium cost is not a good way of doing it.

Itīs character exclusive. No one can give me dilithium to craft stuff for them and I canīt even craft stuff for my other toons. So I have to level crafting on ANY toon now, seriously ?
Lt. Commander
# 155
10-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
I am hopeing they will up the amount of dilithium ore you can refine cause i am getting alot more ore then i can refine,
How ???
Lt. Commander
# 156
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
How ???
- Events
- STFs
- Character transfer to tribble
Lt. Commander
# 157
10-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglcny View Post

As if collecting the data samples is not time consuming enough...
pfahaha i quess you never played other games with a serious crafting system... on other games it can take days (or sometimes months) to get all the different ingridiants together to craft one item.

Cryptics "crafting" system was nothing more then a exchange system, and it was casually as it gets -> you didn't had to spent any reall effort on it all.

Its quite clear why cryptic adds dil to crafting.

Crafting is way to easy now, even with the introduction of the rare anomalies its really takes next to no effeort to craft stuff, guess why you get the aegis set so cheap, its practically worth nothing. In other games to craft stuff like the aegis set, youd probably need to camp a specific mop or mine at a exact spot and hope you get luck to get the 1% drop chance. So you spent a lot time doing this. Since cryptic said dil is there "time currency" it makes perfect sense why they now use dil on crafting. It refelcts the price or better the time cryptic thinks is appropiate you have to spent to get this item.

Is it an elegant solution? No not really, but on the other hand you exactly know how much "time" you need to spent to get that item. On other games where you need a certain rare item to craft another item you either get lucky and it drops the first time (usualy doesnt happen) or you spent countless hours to farm the same mob/mine (whatever) to get the drop.

In the end both games require you to spent a certainammount of time in game to get this item, in one the time is disguised as rare drop, in the other its disguised as dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 158
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Some ideas about crafting that could make more sense:

- Introduce recipes for all crafting stuff. Other games do that and it is good thing for trade. Recipes, maybe some or all, could be sold by a vendor and cost dilithium. That way a crafter would need dilithium but wouldnīt run into the transfer problem with other people and/or toons.

- Just leave dilithium out of it and simply make items more expensive.

- Make schematics cost much more ec and make them non-craftable. That way at least someone could give me ec to craft something for him/her.

Lt. Commander
# 159
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
No Sao Paolo class Defiant yet?
Lt. Commander
# 160
10-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
pfahaha i quess you never played other games with a serious crafting system... on other games it can take days (or sometimes months) to get all the different ingridiants together to craft one item.

Cryptics "crafting" system was nothing more then a exchange system, and it was casually as it gets -> you didn't had to spent any reall effort on it all.

Its quite clear why cryptic adds dil to crafting.

Crafting is way to easy now, even with the introduction of the rare anomalies its really takes next to no effeort to craft stuff, guess why you get the aegis set so cheap, its practically worth nothing. In other games to craft stuff like the aegis set, youd probably need to camp a specific mop or mine at a exact spot and hope you get luck to get the 1% drop chance. So you spent a lot time doing this. Since cryptic said dil is there "time currency" it makes perfect sense why they now use dil on crafting. It refelcts the price or better the time cryptic thinks is appropiate you have to spent to get this item.

Is it an elegant solution? No not really, but on the other hand you exactly know how much "time" you need to spent to get that item. On other games where you need a certain rare item to craft another item you either get lucky and it drops the first time (usualy doesnt happen) or you spent countless hours to farm the same mob/mine (whatever) to get the drop.

In the end both games require you to spent a certainammount of time in game to get this item, in one the time is disguised as rare drop, in the other its disguised as dilithium.
Only because 1 game does something doesn't mean every other game has to, too. Honestly i could live with something else being required to craft, even Dilithium if necessary. Three points that IMHO are important then:

- Dilithium has to be tradable
- Dilithium fleet storage
- increased refinement cap

Yes it would be grindy and harder to get then now, that's ok. But it would not kill the cooperation aspect. At the moment there is little ingame reason for a fleet so crafting and being able to share resources are two of the few. For this very reason it is not important if the crafting system is comparable to other games or not, it's functionality is important for STO.
Closed Thread