Lt. Commander
# 81
10-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Soooo, 15,834 Dilithium for 1 purple MK XI Beam Array + the usual data sample cost? Bad enough that we are talking about 2 days of refinement and more than 10 Dailies here, am I really expected to spend those amounts of Dilithium to equip a fleety as crafter? From my own storage? With no chance to get it back from the fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 82
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Soooo, 15,834 Dilithium for 1 purple MK XI Beam Array + the usual data sample cost? Bad enough that we are talking about 2 days of refinement and more than 10 Dailies here, am I really expected to spend those amounts of Dilithium to equip a fleety as crafter? From my own storage? With no chance to get it back from the fleet?

Yeah, my fleet just lost its crafter.

(if this doesn't change to something they can actually provide me)
Lt. Commander
# 83
10-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
IMOHPO....
Adding a Dilithium cost to crafting is poopy.
AND you took away another mission that gave Dilithium.
If you're going to have Dilithium cost to almost everything, like the trend seems to indicate at this time, then we need more ways to earn Dilithium.
Grinders are still gonna get large amounts of Dilithium no matter what, casual players will probably not...and probably not be very happy about it. I know you're hoping they'll go to the Cstore instead, but, that's a lot of hope.
IMOHPO...
New catch phrase??

Grinders Play , Casuals Pay ?
Lt. Commander
# 84
10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Accurate. Since those powers wouldnt be swappable to another ship there was no real need to make it a console.

Now i don't normally come to the forums certainly not to make a negative comment I personally love the idea that these built in abilities are becoming consoles you can choose to equip and that you are getting an additional console slot to accommodate it, This would bring all the older ships that are moving over to C-Store only purchases in line with the new +1 or 0.5 Ships (however you want to refer to them) also it would put everyone on a even footing you would have to make a choice about if you would use the cool new console and sacrifice a passive bonus or not.

Now i read the patch notes and Salami's Post i find that for certain ships this is not the case, now simply from a game balance perspective this makes the Defiant Retrofit or the Galaxy Retrofit a more powerful than say the Nebula or the Intrepid Retrofit as the player no longer has to chose if they want to sacrifice that console slot and the passive stat bonus for the ability to separate the saucer or cloak, Players with these ships no longer have to make that choice they are in fact having there cake and eating it.

Now since it was previously stated that all the VA ships and the T3 and T5 Nebula and Excelsior would be transitioning to +1 or 0.5 Ships i have been happy, Now i understand this could have been a lot of work for the team. I find myself asking if you guys at Cryptic started thinking "We need to get this out but it's to much work to do in that time frame how can we cut the work load down" and this is the solution you came up with, if that is the case is this temporary or permanent is it like so much on Tribble subject to change.

I implore you to reconsider this decision C-store purchases should be balanced against one another so that no one feels "Short Changed" right now im sure those of us who are not flying the Defiant or Exploration Cruiser Retrofits do feel "Short Changed". Especially those of us who have spent our hard earned money investing in Cryptic by purchasing the T5 Nebula and Excelsior. which at the moment are C-store purchase's, compared to these ships that a lot of people already have gotten by using there VA ship token for no real cost to themselves other than the time it took them to level the character.

The Vulcan D'kyr however has me torn part of me feels it should for the sake of balance and fairness be brought in line with the other +1 Ships and make the Deployable shuttle a console and give the ship an extra console slot. In fact 98% of me feels this should be the case, 2% of me feels that Cryptic should continue to design Racial ships (like the D'kyr and the andorian warship) and give them built in abilities however these abilities should be at the cost of a console slot. This in my eyes would keep them more balanced with the other +1 or 0.5 Ships that cryptic plan on offering.

The thing is there needs to be a trade off, By having a ship with a special power you need to have a trade off on Holodeck right now that trade off is a Console slot on Tribble for most of the ships it is Still a console slot however for a special few they can have there cake and eat it.

Yours with Greatest Respect Airik
Lt. Commander
# 85
10-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post

Yeah, my fleet just lost its crafter.
Same.

That is absolutley insane. No other word for it.

I haven't looked in a while, but what is the cost of a MKXI purple from vendors these days? 15-16K has got to be around 80% of that...
Lt. Commander
# 86
10-20-2011, 10:20 AM
So nearly 16k Dilithium to craft ONE mk XI weapon? If youre idea behind this was to kill crafting off, congratulations! I think you have succeeded.
Also your giving the defiant and gal refits an extra console slot as well as a in built power? yet the Marauder cruiser doesnt get an extra console slot? nice way to ignore balance again..every new patch to tribble just seems to make things worse than the previous one.
Lt. Commander
# 87
So glad to see the lower tier carriers in! Of course I'm past those thiers now, but a little re-rolling never hurt anyone
Lt. Commander
# 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Seriously, when even your fleet crafters are useless, is there even any point in being in a fleet?

My entire life is not Star Trek: Online, I don't know how you expect gamers that don't have that much time to spend in STO, to get enjoyment out of just grinding away non-stop just to be viable with everyone else.

You're killing my interest in this game, Cryptic. This needs to be rectified immediately.
Lt. Commander
# 89 Too far..
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I have seen some silly ideas over the years, but this one has got to be the daftest ever.. Adding a Dillithium cost to crafting has been done for one reason & one reason only.. To stop players crafting gear and putting it straight onto the exchange...There can be NO other explanation...

If you all at Cryptic really want to control the prices on the exchange then simply add a "Selling tax" in EC's to control it...

I urge you to reverse this decision immediatly... else my days of crafting for my fleet-mates are over, as I have no doubt so will others be... If there has to be a "cost" involved then make it for EC's.. that'll give you a sink...

Sorry Cryptic, but I think someone in your organisation should have his or her head read... Seriously
Lt. Commander
# 90
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Personnally i think that the points to get new doffs should be lowered considering that most of the mission give just few points, I think the best would be like the diplomacy pointage for the doffs.
Closed Thread