Lt. Commander
You should not be adding a dilithium component to crafting. Crafting is collecting raw materials and when you have collected enough of the raw materials you build (Craft) the item you want with the powers you want. Once a Dilithium component is added it is no longer crafting, it is buying.

It seems to me that you guys have been removing items from the free column and putting them in the C-Store since the announcement of going to F2P. Since then items we have been getting for free we now have to purchase, and I don't feel that is right...
In the F2P FAQ there is these two little lines:
Quote:
Lifetime subscribers also become Gold Members automatically and will not be charged a continuing subscription fee. Basically, nothing changes for Lifetime subscribers: They continue to have complete access to the same content, items and episodes the way they always have.
This said that "nothing changes for Lifetime Subscribers", but that is not true. There is also the line about having access to the same content they always have had, but that is not true.
Cryptic has taken away 2 T-3 ships that are now in the C-Store, you no longer get 1 free refit when you become a VA. They have removed the way to get the Delta Flyer for free by doing missions. Now they also add Dilithium to Crafting.

Ever since the F2P announcement almost everything in the game has a Dilithium component. The amount of Dilithium you are allow to have is limited, so you will have to grind out days in order to purchase most high level items. I don't know what you were trying to do but IMO you have taken a game that was fun and turned it into a grindfest. I play this game to have fun. I'll go out on a limb and say that most, if not all, other players play this game for fun. By adding the Dilithium this game has become whatever the opposite of fun is. I do not want to play a game that becoimes nothing but grinding and grinding. With all these changes it looks to me like you guys are trying to kill STO.

Playing an MMO is suppose to be Fun, Grinding is not fun.

I am pleading with you guys, please reverse the changes that have taken away anything from the players.
Reinstate the T-3 ships, Reinstate the free refit at VA, reinstate the Delta Flyer mission, remove the Dilithium from Crafting .... and most of all listen to your player base. Each time you have taken something away the players have been going to the forum in droves to complain about these changes. We were told that nothing would change for subscribers, but every week there is another item that is taken away and put into the C-Store. I hate to say this but with each item you change you are adding more grinding. With each item you add Dilithium to you are adding to the grinding.

I love this game. I have played this game almost every single day since I was in Closed Beta. These changes you are making IMO is going to start killing the game. So many things are requiring Dilithium, it seems like more and more every item you add is going to need Dilithium. On Holodeck you can get a high level times by doing 1 or 2 missions. For items that are purchased by Dilithium it is going to take a few days to get the amount you need and at least 2 days just to refine the Dilithium. IMO That is grinding and grinding is not fun...... Becuase grinding is not fun and I don't think that I am the only one who feels this way. Please reconsider taking the free ships and putting them in the C-Store. Please reconsider the removal of the Delta Flyer mission ... and most of all re-examine adding a Dilithium conponent to all the new items. I know I may have jumped all over the place here, but IMO these changes are not helping the game they are hurting it....

Thanks for reading my rant.......
Lt. Commander
# 122
10-20-2011, 05:44 PM
It has been quite a while since I have had a reason to post on these forums about something. I believe this move to put in a Dilithium cost for crafting is plain stupid. I understand the whole concept of wanting to go F2P and up until now I have been looking forward to it. However this move should it go forward will literally cause a backlash from the players. First: The active players that will become gold members will simply stop crafting as it becomes to much of a pain in the neck to make something to use. Second: The new members ( silver F2P ) will look at it and simply ignore the option to craft as it does not make sense to spend cold hard cash to have the ability to make something in the game.
As it stands right now the crafters and farmers spend a large amount of time gathering the needed data to make the items. They then either sell them outright on the exchange or put them into the fleets for the fleet members to use. Under this system you will abolish that completely from the game. This move if it does go live in game after F2P will cause currently active members to stop playing or cause other currently active members to simply stop crafting. The new members simply wonít be able to use the system from the start and when they could start crafting why should they? After all youíre asking them to pay money to get dilithium to craft items for a game. They will simply gather the dilithium and buy the in game alternative from the vendors. Please remember people while micro transactions are a good thing, they simply arenít the right thing for all areas of the game.
I am not happy about the conversion rate from marks, badges, and emblems to dilithium. I believe you need to take another look at that. I also believe that there needs to be other ways to earn dilithium besides DOFF missions and running nebulas. The prices in dilithium are not well thought out as well. From what I have seen it is simply more expensive to buy items in the dilithium system than it was for the emblems. I also firmly believe that the in game new ships need to remain the way they are. Meaning that as it stands right now when you rank from Lt to Lt Cmdr etc. you earn a plaque to purchase a new ship from the ship yard. This works well and there is no wait to get the new ship. It's simple rank = new ship. In the beta I have noted that this is not the case you have to buy the new ship from the ship yard with dilithium, and I am sorry to say that it is going to cause people to wait to get the new ship when they rank up. This is due to the fact that it takes a lot of time to gather the dilithium. You have the plus one ships in the C store for the micro transaction stay with that. Leave the basic in game ships the way they are so players can get the new ship when they rank. A simple quote from a who I donít remember but it sums it up nicely. " If it ainít broke dot fix it."
Lt. Commander
# 123
10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I already have to spend countless hours hunting for data samples amd making useless Items that I have to vendor just to get my skills up and now you are going to charge me Dilithium on top of that!!!!!!

Ok I am a Man of few words But some are coming to mind and I realy don't like Saying those WORDS
Please rethink this Dilithium for crafting

Epic FAIL
Lt. Commander
# 124
10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I first heard about these changes to crafting and my first thought was.... NOW MY KDF AND FED CRAFTERS ARE USELESS TO MY OTHER TOONS AND FELLOW FLEET MEMBERS... And this change now means I can't just leave crafting up to my two crafters. First time a change to the game has hit my Rage Button since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 125
10-20-2011, 05:51 PM

Cryptic is placing a real-world cash charge on crafting. ANY cash charge on crafting is UNACCEPTABLE! First this game was subscription only, now they're "saying" subscription and F2P, but everything they do shows they're waving goodbye to subscribers and charging EVERYBODY for EVERYTHING they can get away with. Gee, what a shock this is happening after the PWE acquisition. Cryptic, do you really want to listen to everything PWE is telling you? Well, you'd better hope for HUGE numbers of F2Pers with big wallets and little intelligence, because WE won't be here, NOT because we ragequit, but because YOU have made it clear WE'RE no longer needed or welcome!
Lt. Commander
# 126
10-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Cryptic really just needs to leave the crafting alone...it was fine as it was
Lt. Commander
# 127
10-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker1988 View Post
Also just checked on tribble...feds got the dilithium changes to crafting...kdf did not get the changes.

just goes to show Feds got screwed and the devs favor kdf yet again.
I think you missed the part in the patch that says the KDF Grind-Fest has yet to come...

Move quickly oh Ye Klingon Warriors..., or forever hold yer Tribble. <chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 128
10-20-2011, 05:59 PM
double post
Lt. Commander
# 129
10-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
You're right. They want to get rid of all the Lifers.

Or more specifically the Magnificent Lifetime Subscribers.

You see, we're no longer assets, in fact we're the opposite.

If you've paid $300 for an LTS, that pays for 20 months worth of subcription. If you're a "Magnificent" Veteran, you've been playing for 600 days. You've used up your $300 worth. Some people used up their "value" sooner if they got the LTS on discount.

Add to that the 400CP/mo stipend, your strain on system resources for continued game use, etc.

Congradulations, you are now a liability.

The Bean Counters Want to Get Rid Of You!
The irony is that by getting rid of me they are also getting rid of profits.
I was actually a pretty diligent C-Store customer, right up until the point they released the Rhode Island.
With all this recent crap they will most likely not see a dime from me ever again.
Lt. Commander
# 130
10-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker1988 View Post
Also just checked on tribble...feds got the dilithium changes to crafting...kdf did not get the changes.

just goes to show Feds got screwed and the devs favor kdf yet again.
Are you kidding? As several posters elsewhere point out constantly

The KDF has been getting the short straw since day one. If you're going to rage, at least rage in an informed manner.