Lt. Commander
# 11
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
It the dumbest thing I've seen yet.

Why not just increase trace costs to craft "good stuff" if it takes 30 now make it 40.

This is full of so much fail.

Bad enough we can't but "common" ships with EC anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree, this will effectively kill crafting. The grind in getting samples was bad enough. To add in a DL cost is just wrong.

As others have stated it kills crafting for others. Really not a fan of the added cost.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I am a crafter, not the only one in the 44th, but the only one left in the House of Citak (as the majority of the fleet rage-quit over P2W when you put in the Rhode Island).

This kills all motivation for me to craft.

And, as a casual player, I find it insulting for you to assume I will be happy settling for odd-mark gear from crafting because I loath repetitive daily grinding.

It was bad enough having to grind exploration to get loads of anomalies, then worse when you screwed us with the rare particle traces (which were off-balance in the recipes and drop rates), now, adding Dilithium to the mix, I am done with crafting.

You want some advice? Stop thinking you get a pass for blatant railroading of Gold Subscribers to the C-$tore, and the sorry service ethic of the industry at large does not excuse or justify your own bad behavior and avarice.

Ever since the PW acquisition, you've continuously ignored the major points of our feedback, when this game dies, don't blame us, blame yourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Unless the required amount for refined dilithium on X items is like....2 all you'll end up with is a ****ed off player base for forcing them to use a resource that they are limited on refining per a day, and that has other applications to begin with (Or do you really someone is going to waste refined dilithium crafting when they have a starship to save up for? Yes people at Vice Admiral still have ships they want to buy, especially if you add a higher tier) How about instead of having refined dilithium as a requirement for all high level gear, make it a requirement for all super-rare gear to be crafted at all levels, with it scaling based on the item rank?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Long story short:
You basically killed crafting in Star Trek Online with this "revision".

I am sorry, but this is nuts. Crafting is and has always been an additional way in any game to get gear.
R&D was never a very well thought out system in STO. Compare R&D to another successful
games like Lotro etc. and you see a billion light year difference what crafting is and should look like.

The Dilithium component is a very bad move and makes no sense at al. Dilithium is a currency in Star Trek Online and not a crafting component. It would and could have been a component if it wasn't used for Economy values.

If we go deeper and look at it on an other angle we can pretty much say that crafting has become a pay to gear yourself now. Given the fact, of course, that Dilithium can be traded to C-Points, which are purchased by real money.

Instead of making and advancing crafting as an important and more important ingame element you ruined it.
Instead of adding more stations to craft and not having you to fly to Memory Alpha or Kronos all the time, you again missed the point and added nothing but the element of "Let's focus on a feature how we can make money out of it".

This is bad. With this I will never craft again items which involve Dilithium as a component.

The only way this systems as it is on Tribble now is acceptable would be crafting C-Store Ships. This I could understand, but not the very weak gear equipment found in R&D.

Epic Fail.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I have to agreed with the other opinions posted here; Adding Dilithium to crafting is a terrible idea.

Dilithium is currently a non-tradable resource in game, and one that will have a direct conversion to C-store points and thus real dollars. The items crafted though do not have this same relationship, so there is a serious problem with this model.

If you think people can use crafting to get high level gear too easily, then increase the component costs for the recipes and getting those components takes a significant time investiment anyway. But please don't link crafting to Dilithium. That's just going break the model you were building up and wreak crafting as we know it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I have to side with the doom and gloomers here, 15k dilithium to craft a mk XI Ship Weapon is way too high, when the VA store sells them for "only" 22k dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
You really should mention that crafting is now "intended to be a solo experience", because without being able to trade Dilithium that is what it has become.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
The standard gear that can be crafted using a Dilithium contribution is generally identical to the gear found in stores for sale using only Dilithium, but the Dilithium cost when crafting is much lower. Thus, players that put the time into collecting samples and improving their crafting skill can get the same gear at a substantially lower cost.
Ummmm. no and no... the gear in the DL stores is better, the modifiers are more preferred. Also, the drops for a particular level of data samples are not limited to one area now. If I wanted blue data samples I knew where to go to get them, now an assortment of levels of data samples are dropped.

Mr. D'Angelo, have YOU sat down, picked and item, and collected 30 purple data samples of the same type PLUS the required anomalies to go along with it? How long did it take you? I understand your idea... but the DL prices need to be in the low hundreds for Mark XI gear.... and

IT SHOULD BE ENERGY CREDITS INSTEAD!
1. because it would be another EC sink
2. Fleet crafters could use the EC from fleet banks
3. Set it high if you want... 50K EC...
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
So you are planning on removing the exchange next then right? This pretty much destroys any form of trade between players beyond the giving things to your friend level. Or are you going to beat a dead horse and make us pay dilithium to use the exchange too?