Lt. Commander
# 51
10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
If they wanted to add something to the price of crafting they should not use Dilithium which can't be traded between players or mailed between them, but instead use Energy Credits which can at least be traded. This way fleet crafters aren't ruined and a necessary Energy Credit sink is added to the game. Crafting should not be 'discount vender store' which is what this patch reduces it to.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-20-2011, 03:50 PM

Plain and simple Cryptic: YOU made dilithium cash by allowing it's exchange for cryptic points. So simply put, you are now CHARGING US to craft! Sugar coat it any way you want, it doesn't change this simple fact. YOU are putting a monetary charge on crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
"Our goal is to make it so that crafting is still rewarding and useful to everyone, even if they are not interested in working to acquire Dilithium."

Yet they still have to acquire Dilithium, this makes no sense. This whole idea is a bad one, no one I have spoken too or seen in the forums agrees with the devs on this one. Another big negative for F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I have to say, in a series of what are generally clueful and reasonable Dev Blog posts, this one stands out as remarkably clueless, out of touch, and reeking of total disregard for, and unawareness of, what your loyal players like about the game, and expect to get from it. It really sounds like you (D'Angelo) did not have the slighest idea what crafting was about before this change, and could not give a crap about what players really think now that you have done it.
Lt. Commander
# 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Hint to the Devs: it goes without saying that there are always going to be some people who hate anything you do. But when "everyone" hates something, it might just be a bad idea. But alas, this goes back to my previous post, so hints might not make a difference.
What I find fascinating about the reaction to this particular issue, is what I have not seen. I have not seen anyone supporting this idea. I'm sure there will be some -- not ragging against them, but every idea has to have an advocate or two at least -- but for now I've not seen anyone who likes the idea of dilithium being used for crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 56
Here a weird thought. I bet this is all just a ploy. The devs wanted to add a higher cost to crafting. What better cost than one that can generate real $ (dilithium). They knew that any dilithium cost added to crafting was going to be raged against. So they put the first incarnation of diithium to crafting to be EXTREMELY HIGH. That way, when they lower it next week, we'll all be ok with the cost.

Look at dilithium loot. First prices were 7x higher than they are now. No one is complaining about the dilithium cost of those items now (even though they are still higher than they are on holodeck). They start off too high to get all the rage out, and then when they lower it, they look like they are listening to player feedback, when in all actuality they initially intended it to be the lower numbers, but wanted it to be well received. This is a business ploy to make themselves look good in the end and have another reason for players to need dilithium and in exchange buy c-points to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
ssssh, don't give them ideas.
lol, dont worry; i'm pretty sure they thought of that...

i dunno, with their scaling system, maybe they're under the impression that once this goes live, VA's and higher level people are going to have dilithium coming out of their ears, so they're giving them something to spend it on.

fleet crafters need to be thought of in all this, though, imo. give us account wide/fleet wide banks that we can deposit dilithium in, or something.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-20-2011, 03:56 PM
*sighs* I love this game. I may not agree with the some of the game changes in f2p, but I still love this game. Implementing this 'feature' into the game will rob the game of a lot of it's enjoyment for me. Please don't do it, or at the very least make the costs minimal.
Lt. Commander
# 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
I have to say, in a series of what are generally clueful and reasonable Dev Blog posts, this one stands out as remarkably clueless, out of touch, and reeking of total disregard for, and unawareness of, what your loyal players like about the game, and expect to get from it.
No one, and I mean no one likes this. ive seen a total of 2 guys who are ok with this. They will change it..im hopeful..LOL
Lt. Commander
# 60
Not adding to the complexity of crafting, I can live with.

Adding a Dilithium charge instead? That's just not a good idea. At all.

Here's an idea; bring back component requirements (i.e., to craft a purple phaser, you need the materials and a common phaser of the same energy type) and increase the number of non-rare anomalies required to craft it.