Lt. Commander
Ok so for tier 1 diplomant doff achievement I get a KDF "medical" from Lt. Ferra? And Tier 2 I get a "medical" from the nice kitty?

Can someone explain why ranking up in diplo gets me Medical, but if I go to Lt. Ferra's Medical tab there are Medical there? Or if I go to Security there is security there? Is this a bug?

Why are there no Diplo rewards?

I cant get a diplo doff to save my life (Diplomat or Counselor) after my only one got killed during the "Entertain dignitaries" party that went very wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Honestly, I hadn't realized how popular Diplomats would be, and was attempting to give something I thought would be more valuable.

I can certainly look into giving some Diplomat options for the Diplomacy commendation rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Please! I'm a Tier 3 Diplomat and I have yet to receive a Diplomat or Advisor either.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Honestly, I hadn't realized how popular Diplomats would be, and was attempting to give something I thought would be more valuable.

I can certainly look into giving some Diplomat options for the Diplomacy commendation rewards.
There are a lot of Star Trek fans that don't care for all the pew pew in this game. They want to experience other facets of ST, such as exploration and seeking out new life and new civilization. Oh sure, the shows had lots of pew pew, but none-the-less we like to dream about the ST ideals.

Exploration in this game is half pew pew, so when the Diplo system came online I think a lot of people were hopeful they could level and/or make characters that didn't kill everything. So far it's been less than satisfying.

Now we have a DOff system that actually incorporates a form of Diplomacy (even shades of colonialism, medical aid, and other non-violent activities). I think that satisfies many player's desires for the "softer" side of Trek.

Yeah. That's a theory I hope is true. It applies to at least one "Diplomat" character I created on Holodeck waiting and ready for DOff system non-violence.

However, I bet most people are actually more interested in Diplo missions because it's the easiest commendation to complete to T3 and get the Tribble Rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
There are a lot of Star Trek fans that don't care for all the pew pew in this game. They want to experience other facets of ST, such as exploration and seeking out new life and new civilization. Oh sure, the shows had lots of pew pew, but none-the-less we like to dream about the ST ideals.

Exploration in this game is half pew pew, so when the Diplo system came online I think a lot of people were hopeful they could level and/or make characters that didn't kill everything. So far it's been less than satisfying.

Now we have a DOff system that actually incorporates a form of Diplomacy (even shades of colonialism, medical aid, and other non-violent activities). I think that satisfies many player's desires for the "softer" side of Trek.

Yeah. That's a theory I hope is true. It applies to at least one "Diplomat" character I created on Holodeck waiting and ready for DOff system non-violence.

However, I bet most people are actually more interested in Diplo missions because it's the easiest commendation to complete to T3 and get the Tribble Rewards.
He was talking about diplomat Spec reward doffs, instead of the doctor and nurse rewards......
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-21-2011, 02:45 AM
But ive rather Stay to my Purple Tactical (from T3 Reward)

than getting an Diplomatic Purple with no Skill Ability
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Much as I like my Gorn Science, Medic and Conn Officer, the rationale behind them is a little odd would you really do an officer exchange with people your at war with?, Advisor and Diplomat are relatively annoying to come by early on and one would assume that moving up the diplomatic tree would get you diplomats. So Advisor, Diplomat then either Conn officer or Security officer I think every diplomat needs ad river or Body guard after all :-).
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2011, 04:45 AM
I am okay with the way it is, because I simply find it incredibly funny to have a Gorn Doctor on my ship. The screams from sickbay at night by terrified patients are like music in the air....

But It would probably be better if there would be a Doff from each department available.
Throw in some Romulans, Cardassians and maybe even Vorta in there, too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

I think that is more because the higher end Diplomatic Doff missions actually require a Diplomat to complete. Personally I would be happy if T4 in Diplomacy, in addition to the purple BO officer, also gave a Purple Diplomat Doff, one who would gladly serve under such an esteemed Federation Ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

^^^this^^^ well said.

Thanks for the speedy reply Heretic... I was just curious if this was a bug or meant to be.

I have bought 4 sets of doffs from C store, and done numerous recruiting missions... and only had ONE diplo that came in a Cstore pack (that died) and havent received a diplo, advisor, or counselor since then.

Dont get me wrong...I have used the heck out of my Gorn and Nausican Drs...but that seems to be a real stretch. Like a poster above said "would you really have someone from a faction you are at war with on your ship". But a diplomat KDF, Cardassian, or alien would seem a bit more believable.

And I also LOVE the non- pew pew in Star Trek. I have three of my six toons leveled up to Ambasador on Holodeck... I like the diplomacy missions.