Lt. Commander
# 11
10-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Diplo is not popular

The reason people run Diplo is because it's the only one that doesn't have stupidly high XP targets for the DOFF Tribble reward.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
Ok so for tier 1 diplomant doff achievement I get a KDF "medical" from Lt. Ferra? And Tier 2 I get a "medical" from the nice kitty?

Can someone explain why ranking up in diplo gets me Medical, but if I go to Lt. Ferra's Medical tab there are Medical there? Or if I go to Security there is security there? Is this a bug?

Why are there no Diplo rewards?

I cant get a diplo doff to save my life (Diplomat or Counselor) after my only one got killed during the "Entertain dignitaries" party that went very wrong.
I have done the Entertain dignitaries twice now. Both times, I lost everyone. The first one had a Diplomat and an entertainer and chef I had just got. The second one was lead by a counselor and a new entertainer and chef I had gotten to replace the earlier ones. Either I am surrounded by spaceballs or I have the worst diplomatic personnel on my ship. In either case, I am at a 100 percent loss to this assignment. I will avoid it in the future. Not worth loosing 5 doffs each time I try to do it.

Now the only diplomatic assignments I can do are the generic ones. I don't have any more civilians left on the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Honestly, I hadn't realized how popular Diplomats would be, and was attempting to give something I thought would be more valuable.

I can certainly look into giving some Diplomat options for the Diplomacy commendation rewards.
Just don't remove the current choices, a few of which I really like and work well with the types of assignments I'm currently running.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I have to agree that its strange there are no diplomat rewards. I've gone through about 150 doffs from the cstore and recruitment missions and I've never gotten a Diplomat or an Entertainer, obviously making it rather difficult to complete any of the lucrative diplo missions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Huh. I just assumed that it would be like the Bridge Officer reward we got (or were supposed to get) with diplomacy before: an officer from the opposite faction. What do you know... that's exactly what it was. However, I can see why many people would prefer a diplomatic civilian instead with the DOFF assignments. It would be kind of weird if all of our KDF duty officers were diplomatic civilians though... Maybe if we can choose between a diplomatic or opposite faction officer?

P.S. Counselors are considered science officers even they are used in diplomacy missions.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I must be lucky as heck...

I've done the "Entertain Diplomats' assignment three times now and have hit Crit's on all three.

Maybe sending that Nu-Guinan Bartender is a good thing.

I've noticed that adding just One Purple DO to just about any assignment, makes the percentages go to 90% Success + 9% Critical Success. (with 0% on the other two outcomes.)

(I just noticed that that does not add up to 100%, where does the last 1% go????) hmmmnnn....
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Honestly, I hadn't realized how popular Diplomats would be, and was attempting to give something I thought would be more valuable.

I can certainly look into giving some Diplomat options for the Diplomacy commendation rewards.
Diplomats populat because diplomacy is the easist to level up.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:

Please do. The attitude baffles me; you don't give rare Cooks with Peaceful as rewards for military progress, why would you give rare Comm Officers with Aggressive (etc.) as rewards for diplomatic progress? The current choices are actually worse than irrelevant; the majority of them seem to have been chosen deliberately to have attributes that are usually *penalties* on diplomatic and similar missions.

From my standpoint, I have 5 Diplomats (and could use some more or better ones), but have only ever managed to get 1 Advisor. Given that a significant number of Diplomacy-track missions require an Advisor, and they tend to be long-term ones of a day or more, I'd have loved the chance to "buy" one with my rank-up choices. (Others, naturally, have the opposite problem; the expected result on what is really a quite small number of rolls to average over.) Or if you for some reason only wanted to allow peripheral types, being able to select an entertainer that isn't a loose cannon and therefore useless on the only important mission that actually uses one would be nice.

(Side note: What exactly is an "Advisor" supposed to be, and why are they required? They're by definition not diplomats, not councilors, and not subject matter experts... they sound more than anything else like a Dilbertian "consultant", who doesn't really have any skills except convincing people that they should pay someone for an unskilled opinion. I'm not saying that people like that don't exist in the ST setting, but they'd not be my first choice for most missions. (Also, I'd expect a lot more of them to be Diplomatic / Trader / Unscrupulous...))

You're finally adding some options that make it feel like you're actually the responsible captain of a starship, not merely the ringleader of a small band of trigger-happy adolescents in shiny outfits careening about the galaxy causing collateral damage. It's drawing back in people like myself who faded away in frustration a while back; people for whom the old words still have a strong appeal... "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." Exploring frontiers, meeting new civilizations... these are the core values of Star Trek, not repetitive grinding of all too familiar shoot-outs. Please help us help you make a game that we will want to play for years to come.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Finding specialty duty officers is a real challange, ie, Damage control, Hazard, Sensor and even security officers, is there any plan to have a store where u can buy white specialty officers?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondian View Post
I have to agree that its strange there are no diplomat rewards. I've gone through about 150 doffs from the cstore and recruitment missions and I've never gotten a Diplomat or an Entertainer, obviously making it rather difficult to complete any of the lucrative diplo missions.
Luck of the draw, the characacter I started for the F2P test has a couple of diplos and advisors, blue and green among them, down to 1 entertainer because I dismissed-sent back a few, multiple chefs, and bartenders, but can't get more than 2-3 security officers. The one I ported over has no diplos yet, but the starter pack had a blue, a green and a white sec officer, and picked up another green.