Lt. Commander
# 1 Bellerophon refit/skin
10-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Was very happy to be able to get this on the F2P test server today.

Love the nacelles, the blue bussard collectors. Love the new primary hull, the pylons with the tail fins.
Love the shinny hull texture.
I'm definitely getting this when it comes to holodeck.
BUT, then I looked at the underside of the saucer. And I see the exact same underside of the Intrepid's saucer.
That particular part's been an eye sore on the Intrepid model for me for sometime.

The top of the saucer looks so great, I just wish the bottom part could have gotten a redesign too.

It doesn't spoil the model for me, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed to see it on the new skin.

Other than that, one point, great job !
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-21-2011, 04:21 AM
Yeah, a great skin, indeed.

With the "Intrepid" spirit, with a new desing look... really one of best skins...

Only a problem... if yo wish change the skin of the Intrepid Retrofit, to this... you will pay 106.000 energy credits!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Yeah I was shocked... 96k for me. Not a biggie got plenty but still wow...
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Agreed that it's beautiful. Very appreciative of all the care put into it.

Agree also, unfortunately, with the comment on the underside of the saucer. Could use an update.

Further suggestions:
1) She could use some running lights.
2) Registry number somewhere along the warp nacelles I think would look nice.
3) There are no phaser strips on the dorsal side of the primary hull. Shooting beams from the ship does not look polished.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I was actually playing with all the options in the ship tailor last night. I love most everything about it, but I really wanted just the regular Intrepid pylons. UNFORTUNATELY, it's seriously bugged! If you haven't tried messing with the options, you should--it basically makes the right pylon wimpy and it falls on the starboard side by 45 degrees. Kinda funny actually.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't object to there being tail fins sticking from the nacelle pylons. As the Galaxy-X set a precedent for this. While the Venture sets precedent for thinner - less obvious - impulse engines, having them out there in the Bellerophons tail fins doesn't feel right for me. They seem too exposed.

I'd place beam emitters of some kind on those fins. And incorporate the impulse engines more inboard. As Intrepid does.

I'm also of the opinion that the underside of the Bellerophon's saucer looks unfinished. It's too smooth and plain. Not even its own Aerowing outline. Why not a yacht like Sovereign's maybe?

Otherwise, the overall design is nice evolution from the Intrepid-class.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Besides the bugged hull/pylon points (making the pylons sorely lopsided), the window selections are also buggy:

The stock ships use the "TypeX" naming convention. The Bellerophon uses "Type X". These aren't compatible.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jes-
Besides the bugged hull/pylon points (making the pylons sorely lopsided), the window selections are also buggy:

The stock ships use the "TypeX" naming convention. The Bellerophon uses "Type X". These aren't compatible.
Agreed, this IS A PROBLEM, I believe I'm also having the same problem with the Venture's windows too, when you try to mix parts with that ship as well.

A few other things, you can't chose your fleet insignia on the Bellerophon and you can't change the NCC to the NX, (for those that have bought that option on the C Store).
I also personally think that the paint options are too much a like and need to have more choices to them.

Considering all the emphasis on the C store being soooooo important to the future of this game, and possible ship price increases, I really hope these issues get fixes SOON. This is really a quality issue that needs to be addressed.

One question tho, does anyone know when the Bellerophon's going to make it to the holodeck?
I'm really looking forward to refitting my flagship !
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-22-2011, 07:12 PM
While the Bellerophon is an awesome looking ship I can't help but feel uncomfortable with the Blue Bussard Collectors as they seem a too radical departure from the Federation Design motif of Blue Warp Nacelles and Orange/Red Bussard Collectors, and the Blue Bussards have the exact same texture as the Deflector Dish.

I guess I prefer the classic colours for the lighting of Federation ships, funnily my only gripe with the JJ-prise is it's dull Black/Blue Bussards :p

Well as long as the Aegis and new Elite Force shields change the colour of the Bussards to their particular shade of Orange/Red I will be happy
Lt. Commander
# 10 Nice
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
I love this forum.