Lt. Commander
# 11
11-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Since I run w/ low science I thought that I would post my away team set up

Com Eng - Support Drone, Phaser Turret II, Quick Fix, Shield Recharge
Lt Com Eng - Med Gen I, Phaser Turret I, Shield Recharge
Lt Tac -- Battle Strategies, Photon Grenade II
Lt Sci -- Med Tric II, Hypospray

This gives a lot of targets to the computer plus a lot of firepower to you...combine this with the eng captains kit that has phaser turret and force field dome...you should see what these can do to those pesky borg...because it equals...1 med generator...3 turrets and a support drone (or 2)
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlaska
Since I run w/ low science I thought that I would post my away team set up

Com Eng - Support Drone, Phaser Turret II, Quick Fix, Shield Recharge
Lt Com Eng - Med Gen I, Phaser Turret I, Shield Recharge
Lt Tac -- Battle Strategies, Photon Grenade II
Lt Sci -- Med Tric II, Hypospray

This gives a lot of targets to the computer plus a lot of firepower to you...combine this with the eng captains kit that has phaser turret and force field dome...you should see what these can do to those pesky borg...because it equals...1 med generator...3 turrets and a support drone (or 2)
Do you not promote your BOs to Commander? The way you're running you're depriving yourself of 5 NPC skills, 3 of which are potentially powerful heals.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Make sure your ground equipment is up to date. Even if its only Common quality, it's well worth it. I personally like Energy Dampening armor as a "catch all" kind of armor for playing most PVE.

I always run with an Expose weapon and an Exploit weapon. I particularly like Exploit weapons that are AOEs, so you can immediately switch and blast everyone with it.

My bridge officer layout is 1 Science officer, 1 Engineering officer, and 2 Tactical officers. My Science officer comes with two copies of Medical Tricorder, one copy Vascular Regenerator and one copy of Nanites. Though you can really sub in anything in place of the Nanites. My Engineer has Mine Barrier, Quantum Mortar Launcher, and two copies of Phaser Turret. My Tactical officers have Battle Strategy, Fire Suppression, Optics, and Overwatch.

Science officer is there to make sure everyone stays relatively alive. Engineer officer places a bunch of junk down for the NPCs to shoot at, and be shot by. The Tacticals are there to buff us and debuff the enemy. It works out really well for me.

You should be familiar with using an Expose weapon mostly, and then switching to an Exploit weapon to disintegrate targets. You should also be familiar with "Crew Attack My Target" keybind which by default is the Y key. I usually have my entire crew focus on either a healer NPC or the strongest target, while I mop up the weak shieldless targets.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Good away team builds listed but my away team has no weapons, no armor, no shields, no nothing. I kill everything in pve on my own including bosses. The boffs usually die fast but if I can avoid taking them down with me I would. Also I don't die either so no need to keep respawning.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Another thing you can try--Is an all engineer away team with turrets 1, 2 and 3 and Quick Fix. I have done this
when setting is on Elite. And can get through every time. Just set them up beforehand, as mentioned.