Lt. Commander
I'm Commander 2 and can't play ANY of the missions because the Starbase 24 Fleet Action queue hasn't popped yet once after hours of waiting.

Is this really what you intended? Please remove these gates, I'm having to level with the DOFF system only!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Starbase 24 is not part of the required chain.

The story missions are the only ones linked this way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Then something's wrong, I'm definitely stuck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Ah, here's the bug.

The Devidian missions are completely screwed up which is preventing me from Advancing. I had skipped Night of the Comet because you can't stop the bar fight on Drozana - which means you can't progress the mission.

So now everything else is on hold in the Klingon list until I finish that mission.

I'M BLOCKED BY A BUG.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
So now everything else is on hold in the Klingon list until I finish that mission.

I'M BLOCKED BY A BUG.
Yes, the new system is cleverly designed to block mission progress every time a mission-breaking bug comes along. This is probably meant to get players to do the dilithium grinding stuff (daily exploration, academy event, etc) rather than getting immersed in the story.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Not to mention you can't get your Purple Breen Set at every level.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Had to leave "Mine Enemy" and do a section more than once yesterday since...I CANNOT SKIP IT.
Thanks Cryptic.
Being forced to do a mission more than once because it's bugged is bad, being forced to do it because it's buged and you can't bypass it is unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Ah, here's the bug.

The Devidian missions are completely screwed up which is preventing me from Advancing. I had skipped Night of the Comet because you can't stop the bar fight on Drozana - which means you can't progress the mission.

I'M BLOCKED BY A BUG.
I had that problem also... Killed all the Devidians and most of the Bar Patron's, but Three of them Wouldn't Die. They had just a tiny bit of life in their Health bars that would not go away!

I did a GM AND a Bug Ticket.

The only way I got it done was too completely leave the mission and go back in FOUR Times, finally on the last try the room reset and I had to kill them all over again.

Annoying, to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Ah, here's the bug.

I'M BLOCKED BY A BUG.
Yup. this is a major problem with forced progression. Not only that, but it discourages teaming and group play as well. The missions cannot be shared with someone if they are not 'caught up' in the missions. Also, I have no access to borg space even though I am VA because I have not completed the romulan story arc.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I have no idea why the story missions are now in one huge chain. It's not like it has anything to do with the economy. I can't buy my way out of playing everything in order with dilithium or points--at least, not yet.

Maybe it's an "artistic" choice, but it completely disregard the inevitability of bugs and the way a lot of people (me, for one) play. And "Battlefield: Earth" and "Howard the Duck" were bothfilled with artistic choices--just because they're artistic doesn't make them good.

Frankly, the big story doesn't really even make any sense. There's no real development or movement. The big reveal comes in the last FE, which is now in the middle of the arc. What do the Breen have to do with the Borg or Undine?