Lt. Commander
# 11
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
I have no idea why the story missions are now in one huge chain. It's not like it has anything to do with the economy. I can't buy my way out of playing everything in order with dilithium or points--at least, not yet.

Maybe it's an "artistic" choice, but it completely disregard the inevitability of bugs and the way a lot of people (me, for one) play. And "Battlefield: Earth" and "Howard the Duck" were bothfilled with artistic choices--just because they're artistic doesn't make them good.

Frankly, the big story doesn't really even make any sense. There's no real development or movement. The big reveal comes in the last FE, which is now in the middle of the arc. What do the Breen have to do with the Borg or Undine?
Hated Dreadlock Travolta..., Loved Howie, Bought the DVD AND the T-Shirt... <chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-21-2011, 11:45 AM
You can team and group up for the missions, I helped someone out with a troublsesome mission or two in Romulan space when I hadn't even finished the Klingon chain. I don't get completion credit, etc, but for just helping or hanging out with folks it is doable.

Had the unkillable bar patrons once, waited 30 mins for the mission to reset and was good to go and have run it several times.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Ah, here's the bug.

The Devidian missions are completely screwed up which is preventing me from Advancing. I had skipped Night of the Comet because you can't stop the bar fight on Drozana - which means you can't progress the mission.

So now everything else is on hold in the Klingon list until I finish that mission.

I'M BLOCKED BY A BUG.
I had this issue as well but talking on the accolades channel I was given a solution that worked for me anyway. After the first battle make sure and let the battle "red alert" thing end before moving on. Then once it has ended and the dialog pops up click thru it and start the new battle/bar fight.

I got frustrated too with two of the NPC's health going down then just freezing as invulnerable and this fixed it for me anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-21-2011, 12:49 PM
they said its something they will look into. i expect the story chain thing to go soon enough.

as for night of the comet, exit the mission for 5 minutes go back in. kill the first group. exit combat, go to the next door. read and press continue on the text then enter and you should be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-21-2011, 12:55 PM
One of the ds9 missions completely threw me off - Shutdown, i thought i couldn't get this mission till i levelled, so i went back to the Dividian missions to do so, nothing, it wasn't till i thought maybe i should go have a look at ds9 anyway, and then i got the mission started without hailing anyone to begin it - I think this will catch people off and annoy them tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
I've encountered a surprise problem. I copied over my VA that I leveled doing various missions that were not storyline - and now I can't do STFs and have to go back and do all the storyline missions to play end game content!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
I've encountered a surprise problem. I copied over my VA that I leveled doing various missions that were not storyline - and now I can't do STFs and have to go back and do all the storyline missions to play end game content!
OMG! That is super scary! These restrictions have got to go, pronto.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Not a big fan of the forced progression either.
There are a couple of missions that are downright annoying and I only ever planned to play once.
Which I did. About a year ago. Now in beta I was forced to play them again, and lo and behold,
they still suck. Briar patch mission, for example. Awful.
Some others where you hunt badguys in a nebula and can't use full impulse. Takes ages. Totally unnecessary.

So yeah, I understand why they want players to play the missions in order, because there is a narrative there
that could get confusing, but for people who already know the story there should be a way to skip missions.
The easiest way to lose players is forcing them to do stuff they don't want to do.
That is as true with the mission progression as with many other new concepts introduced into the beta.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
I really missed the initial Section 31 intro too, where you don't know the truth about Mr. Drake untill quite a ways into the romulan missions. Now he just randomly contacts you for the devidians, which seems out of place to me, as opposed to revealing his true purpose after the holodeck test.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
I have no idea why the story missions are now in one huge chain.
So you don't do Treasure Trading Station (where B'Vat says you fell for his trap *again*) before doing the annoying mission in the Metreon Gas (which is the initial trap he set and refers to). And so on.

I can *kind* of understand it, as some missions do refer to missions that occur before them, but, if you find one mission particularly annoying, you can't skip it now (never mind the screeching halt when bugs pop up).

(As an aside, I always skip that Metreon gas mission because you can't full impluse in it if you accidentally get killed right near the station, and there's no closer respawn point that I've found. Its an irritating mission that I save just to clear my logs for when I'm Cm or higher and can just devastate everything.)