Lt. Commander
# 21
10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
I've encountered a surprise problem. I copied over my VA that I leveled doing various missions that were not storyline - and now I can't do STFs and have to go back and do all the storyline missions to play end game content!

Likely you encountered a bug. You can do STFs thru the que system as soon as you hit 45. I am doing them on my VA engineer that I created here on Tribble. She has yet to finish the Klingon Story arc let alone anything else and I have spent the last 2 days doing STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I had to redo Night of the Comet over and over again as well because of that bug. But the biggest problem with the chained missions was that it was impractical to team.

A fleetie came to help me out, even though he'd done all the missions. That was fine, and we just used my chain. Then another fleetie joined that was 2 levels behind me. We did three or four missions before we realized our 3rd teammate wasn't leveling because he hadn't done the first two missions. So we had to start over at Stranded in Space and repeat 7 missions we'd already done. No one in our fleet will join anyone that's ahead of them now. And even though I try to be nice and help new fleeties on Tribble, I've already done most of the missions 6 or more times. How is that fun?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Likely you encountered a bug. You can do STFs thru the que system
I was looking for them as missions - hadn't looked for them in the queue system, will try that and post the results.

[edit] Turns out I didn't have a problem - I just didn't know how to access the STFs because it was non-obvious - which is a problem in itself.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
I loathe the mission chaining. It kills replayablilty. It leaves you stuck looking for a place to jam your thumb when a mission is broken so you can't progress. When you'd rather just skip a mission you've done God knows how many times since beta, it's like having a Dev come in and take your remote, then insist you can't watch any other Star Trek until you finish the Spock's Brain episode.

Oh, and it stinks to high heaven of a blatant, ham handed time sink.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Agreed, I would really like a "skip mission" button for mission chaining, however I feel that overall this is an excellent idea. I have yet to encounter a single broken mission and I've gone from the beginning to Captain 5 thus far.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-22-2011, 03:57 PM
I like and dislike this progression. On one hand I like and it makes sense to play a story in order on the other hand I don't like being able to chose to do something different. I like the idea of maybe keeping the progression lock for the different storylines. Klingons missions you play in order, Rom missions you play in order but make it where if you want to get away from the one or the other you can jump over and play that storyline.