Lt. Commander
Was reading this excerpt from Utopia Planitia....

"In 2344 when the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-C), under the command of Captain Rachel Garret, responded to a distress call from a Klingon colony on Narendra III. Four Romulan Warbirds (of the D-7 design lineage) had engaged and destroyed the lone Bird of Prey and were systematically destroying the colony from orbit when the Enterprise arrived. The Enterprise engaged the Romulans, and succeeded in destroying two of the four Romulans while crippling a third before being destroyed by enemy fire."

Imagine this...just ONE Ambassador Class nearly took out 4 WAR-BIRDS!!! Please make this ship a T5 !!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I presume you mean this fanwebsite:

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/

is that information backed up by anything or is it just a piece of fanfiction?
Lt. Commander
# 3 .....
10-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
I presume you mean this fanwebsite:

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/

is that information backed up by anything or is it just a piece of fanfiction?
I think it is just a website dedicated to starship design layout and Star Trek history. The information on the Ambassador class is accurate. I would imagine other ships follow suit, although I have not looked over any others.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
I think it is just a website dedicated to starship design layout and Star Trek history. The information on the Ambassador class is accurate. I would imagine other ships follow suit, although I have not looked over any others.
The author states that he assembled various pieces from around the web.
Which become very apprearent when you notice that he uses fanmade cutaways of ships on his site.
The obvious problem with this is that there is a whole lot of stuff out there that people have been inventing.
For example the "Warbirds" mentioned were supposedly some kind of beefed-up D7.
I am not aware that this information was ever mentioned in any canon source, any episode or the Star Trek Encyclopedia.
So where does it come from?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-01-2011, 05:20 PM
No. Romulan Cruisers were designated exactly that: cruisers. battle cruisers on occasion but the term "warbird" directly and provably comes from TNG, when we all shat our pants the moment that HUGE FCKN GREEN THING de-cloaked in "the neutral zone" and in about 3 minutes of screen time made up for said episodes full on fckasrsery.

Later in secondary and tertiary works (games, novels) the terms get mixed up a lot.
Especially the new movie fcked up a lot by giving Warbird designation to klinker ships.

But in general trek consensus:
Warbirds is the term used for the Romulan mainstay fleet combat vessels.

The D'deridex is such a vessel, since its on all major Romulan deployments. The D'deridex class itself is again divided int othe subgroups based on fitting dates, equipment etc. Much like any navys ships, one ship is not exactly like the other. (compare Galaxy bridge mods for example they differ from ship to ship, so we can basically speak of revisions of later builds etc etc.)

the Norexan (like the Valdore - in Nemesis) would also count as warbirds, as they probably are slated to fill the same role as the D'deridex.

The romulans navy without a doubt has many more ships we have never seen yet but must fill the same roles as cruisers and frigates do in the other fleets.

The battlecruisers at narendra 3 ought to be a more modern design than the d7's the romulans got from the klinkers - remember that was many years after tos. I doubt the romulans would have just sad down on their asses never coming around to create their own warp capable ships. (and really that whole no warp pre klinker thing from Balance of terror is just wacky anyway but hey its canon...)

How they might have looked? uh well heres a difficult ques.... probably totally like a bird ship of sorts. You know, forward swept wings etc etc. The same shiite they built all the time.

And why birds anway? arent Vulcans and Romulans fixated on those murder-cats they have to share their worlds with? no?

But yep, the Crew of the Enterprise C had monster balls going back to that fight - ESPECIALLY SINCE there were survivors!!! (and no, i didn't see Sela coming until i heard Crosbys voice. man.. a kingdom for surprises in todays shows... i am to old i think.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-03-2011, 05:16 AM
4 Warbirds from the early 24th Century, not 25th Century.

I'd say if the Ambassador's going to go anywhere it will be teh T4 equivalent to the T3 Excelsior, probably like 800 crew, turn rate 8, 25 Inertia. No idea what they'd give it as a special ability though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Hmmm special ability...

Temporal displacement

Only activates when ship hull is at ten percent

Teleports ship back to nearest respawn point without exploding

Then enhances hull and shield regen rate till 50 percent
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyman2480 View Post
Hmmm special ability...

Temporal displacement

Only activates when ship hull is at ten percent

Teleports ship back to nearest respawn point without exploding

Then enhances hull and shield regen rate till 50 percent
Lol, and you also get a future BO to use for 5 minutes. Special ability....cross species breeding.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Ewwww old ships in my new star trek game ewwww

I'm just kidding.

Freedom of all ships at endgame.

[End statement]
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
you couldnt keep this in one thread ?