Lt. Commander
# 11
10-21-2011, 06:47 PM
After having posted such a damning comment on the #14 thread... I feel required to actually say how all of this LOOKS like it's going to be able to be added to the DOff system as something to really look forward to... though I'm curious how the space/ground split will actually work; will it split teams up as the current Fleet Action system does even if they want to stay together?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
To resolve this, the STFs are now available via the PvE queue, making it much easier to get in and play with a full team.
Haha!

Will it really mean a damn thing if the "full team" is just a random combination instead of a stratetic setup....

Quote:
The STFs now reward a new kind of loot called "salvage". Salvage comes in a couple of different rarity levels, and can be traded in at special stores in Earth Space Dock and Qo'noS for Mark X, Mark XI, or even Mark XII gear that is specially tuned to assist with anti-Borg missions.

There are three entirely new top tier gear sets that can only be earned by playing STFs in the "elite" mode. There is one Federation set, one Klingon set, and one neutral set that is usable by either faction. The salvage store characters are wearing these new sets, so stop by the check out their high end armor. While you are there, peek into the store to see the rest of the gear sets and the other anti-Borg equipment that is available.
Translation:

We are turning STFs into the largest grindfest within the game, it will take you much much longer to even get a simple reward. We are doing this because this is all we can do, no true end-game content, just a long and dull grind to make sure the playerbase is still dissapointed, but keeping them fed on false hope so that we can get as much of their money as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We're well aware of, and have been reading the feedback from blog #14, just like we read the rest of the forums.

If you were looking for a post that says, "Hey! We read things! These things even!" Well, here you go.

If you're looking for a post saying, "This is what we're going to do about this feedback from blog #14," please remember that it takes time for us to be able to read all that feedback, discuss it amongst the team, decide on a course of action, put it through testing, and then tell you about it as the changes are coming.

Work on crafting is continuing. That work does not stop the people who work on STFs from working on STFs.

So please, let's keep this thread about STFs. Not about crafting.

There's already several threads about crafting.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I think the issue is that many of us think it is so ludicrous to charge Dilitium to craft that there is only one reasonable thing to do about it and that's to admit that it was a bad idea and can the idea all together.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
We're well aware of, and have been reading the feedback from blog #14, just like we read the rest of the forums.

If you were looking for a post that says, "Hey! We read things! These things even!" Well, here you go.

If you're looking for a post saying, "This is what we're going to do about this feedback from blog #14," please remember that it takes time for us to be able to read all that feedback, discuss it amongst the team, decide on a course of action, put it through testing, and then tell you about it as the changes are coming.

Work on crafting is continuing. That work does not stop the people who work on STFs from working on STFs.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I think too many people are too angry to think about STFs now because a significant social part of the game is impaired now. I've read a lot of objections to DL changes, but the crafting seems to be by far the most unpopular and aggravating one. I kinda supported all previous decisions, in spite of the wining protests, but even I can't fathom the logic behind DL for crafting.

So, first you should post some kind of clarification and then expect feedback that focuses on other parts.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeOnasi
May I ask the thought process behind introducing the 'salvage' currency? Why not give dilithium as a reward? Or ECs?

I do like the idea of breaking up the STFs into smaller chunks. This is a boon to a working geeky mom like me who can manage to sit down for an hour or 2 at a time and not get interrupted (barring child emergencies), but not necessarily 3 or 4 hour stretches to do an entire STF at one time. I appreciate the addition of that feature very much. I like the PvE queue idea, and may give that a try on the Tribble server.
I think that was done that way to grant rewards to each player vs a team lottery system...
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeOnasi
May I ask the thought process behind introducing the 'salvage' currency? Why not give dilithium as a reward? Or ECs?

^ This! 1000 times this. Wasn't gated dilithium added to the game to get rid of the myriad types of currency? If we're going the dilithium route, then let's go the dilithium route. Either dilithium really was added to simplify the in-game economy or it wasn't.

The dilithium "tax" on crafting has basically killed fleet crafters (in it's current form), forcing people to fend for themselves as crafters or grind/buy dilithium to purchase from vendors. Now you add salvage currency. The ONLY reason for this is to make sure that only people who do STF's can get the gear. So decide, are we monetizing ships and gear, or are they rewards for accomplishing things in-game, because frankly, you guys are all over the map with these changes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Can you tweak the turrets on Cure Ground? They took longer to kill individually than the final boss.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Yes a simple post stating anything is a good idea. thanks
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
i like the changes of crafting. it means i dont have to grind to get better gear thats not in r%d. if i have to spend some dilithum to get the same gear that you spend embles in then im all for it. most of these people in these fourms just like to wine cry and *****. im getting tired of reading it and i swear, i think people on these fourms are making me dumber just by reading it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-21-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm looking forward to testing the STFs on a harder setting. Should give me an idea of how useful I am to a group.

Also can't wait for the talent revamp. Just hope it doesn't nerf my performance ultra hard.