Lt. Commander
# 1 special ship consols
10-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Im having a hard time understanding this u made all the ships in c-store get consoles for their special powers (saucer sep for exploration retrofit, cloak for the dreadnought). However after looking at them the two i pointed out especually they can only be equipped on that one ship and no others so what is the point of making those ships special powers into consoles instead just leave them like they where. Now im not disagreeing on the T3 execlesior and nebula cause there console can be moved to other ships i think its just the VA level ones that seem pointless. Any opinions would be nice thank u.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2011, 01:07 PM
u can now choose to use an extra console instead of using the power, that's the point :|
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazimer
u can now choose to use an extra console instead of using the power, that's the point :|
so i would traid the cloak ability on my dreadnought or some other kind console wouldnt that be bad for the dreadnought? but i understand what u said.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-22-2011, 02:06 PM
It's about choice. When properly balanced that's a good thing. Sometimes cloak can be more of a liability as opposed to an extra resist console. Sure, cloak is great for an alpha strike but what if you can't get away to recloak? It becomes a bit of a wasted console slot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I think it's stupid because now ships like the galaxy are taxed a console slot for something they formerly got for free. I mean why should they be forced to give up a console for some of these powers which have been inherent previously, and were not considered OP before hand? I dislike that I have to give up saucer separation on my galaxy, but it's just not worth a console slot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Galaxy-R gained a console slot (science).
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-22-2011, 04:01 PM
I like some universal consoles that exist (Borg) but so far the only one I tested (not counting Quads) is the Aceton Assimilator. It was describes as "ineffectual basically in a 1vs1 combat " and is in my opinion only good for Borg bait.

granted it was a spontanieous test in Ker'rat and I was not trying hard. I played without the Borg consoles.

I will be swapping it back in.

Roach
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Galaxy-R gained a console slot (science).
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it didn't gain a console slot, but I'll check again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-22-2011, 05:24 PM
All ships but the T5 Excelsior gain a slot, it doesn't need a new slot, but the Excel is the only ship losing something. A non combat power that is being reduced in zones it can go to, while transwarps are being added to the mission journal....
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-22-2011, 06:03 PM
All the console changes make sense except the Exelsior as I was fine as is, sure I mite like to put the console on another ship but the T5 console lost the ability to Transwarp to 3 sectors, why not just put them back in that way the T3 is useful all the way to RA then you can use a better version of the console or not.

In fact adding 1 or 2 of the Romulan sectors to the T3 version would make some sense as well as you fight the Romulans at that level, also I believe the Transwarp coil gives +5 to Efficiency(not got it on Tribble to check) would it not be more beneficial and make more sense to give it say a +5 or something to the Engine power setting it's self?