Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
We need more clarity on missions that will remove DOffs from our Roster. On missions such as Reassign Staff Officers, Execute for Dishonor, Reenforce Troops it is not entirely clear to some players that these missions will Remove DOffs from their Roster Permanently. There needs to be some sort of warning in these mission texts or better yet a pop-up that warns players that they are about to Remove that Officer Permanently when they begin the mission.

I know several players who have, without realizing what they were doing sent away or worse murdered a valued member of their DOff Roster because of a misunderstanding of the mission text. One player in particular killed his first Purple DOff because he thought he was sending him to execute someone, not sending him to be executed. I can imagine that players that speak English as a second language might also find these missions confusing. Please take this into consideration when instating a remedy.

Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2011, 03:05 PM
odd. when i looked up a reassign officers thing it specifically said they were being transfered back to KA/SFA for reassignment.

as for "execute for dishonor" i think that ones self explanatory, your killing the guy you pick for it. the Reinforce troops one should specify. for all we know they are just gone for a long time helping them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
odd. when i looked up a reassign officers thing it specifically said they were being transfered back to KA/SFA for reassignment.

as for "execute for dishonor" i think that ones self explanatory, your killing the guy you pick for it. the Reinforce troops one should specify. for all we know they are just gone for a long time helping them.
You would think so, but as I said I know a number of players who have been confused by those. I don't think someone would ever purposely kill their first purple DOff only minutes after getting him.

Lt. Commander
# 4
10-22-2011, 11:29 PM
reading back, out of the three you mentioned, reinforce and excecute are the only ones that dont say you lose the Doff. the reassign ones it specifically says "Lose the Duty officer permanently" on it. the other two it doesnt. but yes, if you lose the DO permanenty, it should let you know ahead of time. or the risk assessment should be "Guaranteed death regardless od rarity" or something like that, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2011, 01:03 AM
I definitely agree we need to work on better communicating the consequences of these types of assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I definitely agree we need to work on better communicating the consequences of these types of assignments.
Why include those type of execution missions? That's kinda stupid really.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKing
they are klingons, its what they do. it was seen several times in the show and movies that they kill people who perform their duty's poorly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
The execution/reassignment missions are how you get rid of unwanted doffs without involving any other player or a bound doff. Only other way to get rid of them, if unbound, is trade in person or put them on exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKing
You still get rewards for them, and they fit stylistically. I suppose one could argue whether the rewards are good enough.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
they are klingons, its what they do. it was seen several times in the show and movies that they kill people who perform their duty's poorly.
Right. Remember Star Trek III? When Kruge tells his gunner to disable the Grissom, but he instead destroys it? Kruge killed him.