Lt. Commander
# 1 nx class
11-20-2011, 02:19 PM
How far in the game ca i take my little nx class before i am forced to replace it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguestrike View Post
How far in the game ca i take my little nx class before i am forced to replace it?
depends on how difficult you like things to be... seriously, I know people who have gotten to VA in a Connie...but it was not easy or "fun" my guess is that much beyond T2 you start getting out gunned
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Ya it all depends on how good your skills are, for a normal play I would say T2 you should be OK if you keep up with your equipment (shield arraymost important). After that it is all skill I can get away with a connie with T3 for the most part, T4 if I am willing to deal with running away when need be and blowing up when I fail to.

You HAVE to be constanty monitoring your shield becuse if it does down, your DONE!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
There have been so many arguments about people wanting T5 ships of lower design. But I am one for a T5 NX, others want T5 Connie, T5 Akira, T5 Excelsior, T5 Nova etc.

I think CBS should allow all ships to be able to be T5. If it were up to the player to take a ship and work towards building it up to make it a higher tier, I think everyone would be willing to do it.

But CBS wants to keep it "canon" even though we are waaaaaay passed that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
CBS changes cannon every time they've launched a new series. Enterprise didn't keep cannon with NextGen/DS9/Voyager which didn't keep cannon with TOS..

Considering CBS isn't likely to do anything else in this time line anytime in the rest of this decade its really kind of a non-issue. And then thiers the JJ Abrams trek reboot which is the real trek cannon if there is such a thing. And the JJ universe pulls from Enterprise more then anyplace else...NextGen, DS9, and Voyager are now an alternate time line/reality pretty much officially. And TOS with the JJ abrams reboot is entirely rewritten with Kirk taking command of the Enterprise years earlier then he did in TOS.

Cannon? PFFFT! on Cannon.. It doesn't exist, and never really has.

No wonder Dalmer from the Deparment of Temporal Investigation eventually flipped out...

There is such a thing as knowing to much!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-22-2011, 04:40 PM
To answer the OPs question:
You CAN play it till VA but its very anoying.
It is a "possible" option until Commader 1 AT MOST.... and still very anoying compared to other ships especially if you want to get "finaly thorugh the missions"....
Really efficient... it is just at the starter levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
There have been so many arguments about people wanting T5 ships of lower design. But I am one for a T5 NX, others want T5 Connie, T5 Akira, T5 Excelsior, T5 Nova etc.

I think CBS should allow all ships to be able to be T5. If it were up to the player to take a ship and work towards building it up to make it a higher tier, I think everyone would be willing to do it.

But CBS wants to keep it "canon" even though we are waaaaaay passed that.
For many of those ships it makes sense... Akira and Nova for example are far more modern then the Excelsior class no point in keeping them low. Hell they are (technicly) even newer then the Galaxy class.

For other ships... it makes less sense.
There is already a lot of suspense of disbelieve necessary to see a Defaint beating a Souvereign to be "in line with canon"...
But the 300 years old NX class?
On the other hand that goes only for pvp... in pve... we easyly defeat Negh'va class vessels with NXs... shouldnt be close to possible either.

Also: CBS did just restrict that in case of the Constitution (although the nx class makes obviously even less sense).
In case of Akira and Nova and anything else... Cryptic failed.

And dont get me wrong: I'd love to use my NX in end game pve.... or a "fully" Constitution with uniforms and interior... would be awsome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Cannon? PFFFT! on Cannon.. It doesn't exist, and never really has.
Acutally it exists, my bird of prey is fully equiped with cannons.
So just like Canon, cannon exist^^
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
And the JJ universe pulls from Enterprise more then anyplace else...NextGen, DS9, and Voyager are now an alternate time line/reality pretty much officially. And TOS with the JJ abrams reboot is entirely rewritten with Kirk taking command of the Enterprise years earlier then he did in TOS.
Actually, the Abrams 2009 movie didn't take much, if anything from ENT. It was based on TOS more than anything. However, TNG/DS9/VOY are all very much primary timeline, it's been stated before that the Abrams timeline is an alternate timeline. Much like the Mirror Universe is similar, but not exact to the Prime Universe. In fact, on that line, every moment of your own actual life spawns an infinite number of alternate realities spanning every possible decision that you make. A perfect example of that was the old TV series "Sliders", where Quinn and his fellow lost travelers jumped to world after world, each slightly different from their "prime" universe.