Lt. Commander
# 21
10-24-2011, 07:52 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majeef View Post
Any time i want mk11 purple ground gear i can go to otha and make a few runs both quickly and easily. I'm usually alone when i arrive there, and even when there are enemy faction players it becomes a bit of pvp fun.

When i go to Ker'rat, on the other hand...
Ground PvP is still somewhat less-used and Ker'rat is the only place to PvP without waiting on the ques to pop most days.

Quote:
Well, seems like there are always a lot of players there, and they are usually just flying around near our spawn, instead of running the mission. So i think "oh, there must be enemy players around" and stick close to my allies. Eventually i get bored and go start clearing one of the borg thingies. If i'm succesful (spelling?), someone else scans the damn thing. Sometimes i'm engagd by a decloaking klingon player and, whether i die or not, someone else scans the damn thing.

Any tips? Or is Ker'rat the domain/hunting ground of a select band, who will gank enemies engaged with borg and steal contribution with a venemous dedication (i'm not annoyed really, i actually find ker'rat a lot of fun, but the request for tips is serious)?
Who that band is factionally depends on time of day and wether said band brought reinforcements.
It could be any faction or any fleet at any given time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
Ker'rat is become a klis shooting ground against the poor feds! They remain cloacked lurking in the shadows and then at the right time pounce on the selected prey. The cloacking power and the greater agility are a lethal combination when you are alone, so if the feds are outnumbered leaving the arena is the only option for you interested in collecting purple stuffs. Anyway, when hearing the typical decloaking sound run away at full speed and don't stay to fight a losing battle, try to always avoid the dogfight and reach a quiet area. I know, it's frustating sometimes but nothing else you can do against an hunting klis group and if you wonna fight them go to Ker'rat with your buddies ready for anything.
or

Ker'rat is become a Fed shooting ground against the poor klinks! They remain around the spawn point lurking to pounce as soon as a klink respawns or enters. The sheer numbers of both ships and players are a lethal combination when you are alone, so if the Klinks are outnumbered not respawning till the feds leave spawn or just laying quietly in cloak until they do, is the only option for you interested in collecting purple stuffs. Anyway, when respawning or entering Ker'rat for the first time, be prepared to move at top speed to escape a possible spawn camping and do not stay to fight a fun but most likely losing battle, Try always to avoid the spawncamp first, reach a safe area and group-up with other klinks in the instance to mount a counter attack first. I know its frustrating somethimes but nothing else you can do against an spawn camping fed group intil they get bored or beaten because you where smart enough to not enter alone.

being a OPvP instance, Ker'rat is always a roll-of-the-dice on wether its fed heavy vs klink heavy and iether state has its drawbacks. Its the nature of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah, it's true, Roach! But I was answering to a fed who doesn't understand why Ker'rat is more a PVP instance than a quiet place to kill Borg vessels and get purples. Well, if he had been a kli probably I wouldn't have not even replied...:p
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
Yeah, it's true, Roach! But I was answering to a fed who doesn't understand why Ker'rat is more a PVP instance than a quiet place to kill Borg vessels and get purples. Well, if he had been a kli probably I wouldn't have not even replied...:p
aH, MY MISTAKE THEN. CARRY ON.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majeef View Post
Any tips? Or is Ker'rat the domain/hunting ground of a select band, who will gank enemies engaged with borg and steal contribution with a venemous dedication (i'm not annoyed really, i actually find ker'rat a lot of fun, but the request for tips is serious)?
Umm... build a better ship?

It takes 3 average Klinks a few minutes to bust my dreadnought. I've had a number of them try it for a little while then turn and go after easier prey.

Also, cloaking device is your friend. If you really want to tear up Ker'rat and get items grab a Defiant refit and you can speed from node to node.

Alternatively, wait till there is a big furball and everyone is distracted, then go scan stuff while nobody else is paying attention.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Umm... build a better ship?

It takes 3 average Klinks a few minutes to bust my dreadnought. I've had a number of them try it for a little while then turn and go after easier prey.

Also, cloaking device is your friend. If you really want to tear up Ker'rat and get items grab a Defiant refit and you can speed from node to node.

Alternatively, wait till there is a big furball and everyone is distracted, then go scan stuff while nobody else is paying attention.
I can agree. On average we used 3 Klinks to crack dvsaris when I played in Ker'rat last and last I saw the name dvsaris.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Damn i hate farmers...

SAREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Farmers are good target practice.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I can agree. On average we used 3 Klinks to crack dvsaris when I played in Ker'rat last and last I saw the name dvsaris.
There were a lot of Klinks in Ker'rat last night. Including a couple of 3 man teams. I ended up with 5 BoPs on me at one point... good times. Lately I'm finding Ker'rat a lot more entertaining than the queues.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
There were a lot of Klinks in Ker'rat last night. Including a couple of 3 man teams. I ended up with 5 BoPs on me at one point... good times. Lately I'm finding Ker'rat a lot more entertaining than the queues.
The PvP pops faster and even 1vs1 matches flow smoother. many Klingons enjoy Ker'rat. Wished I had started going there sooner.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnogE00F
Farmers are good target practice.
I farm :p

I also role play, what's this pvp stuff doing in kerrat?