Lt. Commander
# 1 need or greed
10-23-2011, 02:05 AM
how does need or greed work because i grreded or passed on everything and still didnt get any of the salvage goodys
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Im not sure of the exact mechanics but need is the one if you really want it. greed is if you would like it and pass is if you dont want it.

anyone pressing pass, wont get anything. if everybody presses greed it will be random. if one person press need and everybody presses greed. the person with need will either always get it or just very likely to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Need and Greed are your 2 yes i want this buttons. Passing on an item means you dont want it.

Need has the highest value of preference. If you click need and everybody else clicks greed you will get the item. Greed is the Next highest.

If everybody clicks the same one (need or greed) then it does like a roll the dice thingy. Sometimes you roll high sometimes it rolls low. Whoever rolls the highest wins. This part is completely random and cant be controlled.

MMO etiquette says you should always choose greed unless you absolutely have to have the item. For example if you have disruptors and it drops the next higher mk item than what you currently have then you can pick need. If you pick need on a item that you plan to sell or put into a fleet bank that is considered rude.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2011, 02:17 AM
IMO, it should just be Need or Pass.

Right now, there are a LOT of people hitting Need on everything in the STF's just out of spite or cause everyone else is doing it
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Pretty much, also right now hit Need on every salvage roll or you won't see it.

Also, keep an eye on how the rest of the team is rolling. If someone is needing everything, don't be afraid to join in at that level. It's not polite, but at least you might get something for your efforts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2011, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Pretty much, also right now hit Need on every salvage roll or you won't see it.

Also, keep an eye on how the rest of the team is rolling. If someone is needing everything, don't be afraid to join in at that level. It's not polite, but at least you might get something for your efforts.
tell me about it i was greeding on everything hoping to come out with some salvage but over two rounds i didnt get a thing
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-23-2011, 02:45 AM
yea you have to need on the salvage
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-23-2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck View Post
yea you have to need on the salvage
sorry except the salvage i was needing on that