Lt. Commander
I was thinking about something to take a bit of grinding out of the game. This could maybe work together with the coming DOFF thingy.

Once you secured an area of enemies you should be able to launch Type-8 shuttles to search the area for anomalies so you don't have to steer your cruiser to every single spot in a sector. This may work for smaller craft but the heavy cruiser should be a "base of operations" for those recon/science missions. It is just more plausible this way and also takes some of the grinding out of the game. You could do some diplomatic mission in the meantime or stay on guard for enemy ambushes on your shuttles (so you still had to pay attention).

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
In general I don't think there are enough anomalies in a given area for that to really be practical. A shuttle animation would be cool, but I don't see them heading out on their own to gather the anomalies. Could make for a headache when your in a team, or on a team patrol.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierrafortune
In general I don't think there are enough anomalies in a given area for that to really be practical. A shuttle animation would be cool, but I don't see them heading out on their own to gather the anomalies. Could make for a headache when your in a team, or on a team patrol.
To speak nothing of the Anomaly-sniping we already see when someone equips their borg engine and nabs everything they see...
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2011, 04:47 AM
I like the idea. A script that allows us to send NPCs to interact would be fine in general, for example to send our BOs on ground to actually DO SOMETHING.

Bad enough the the ADMIRALS lead every away team.... they are actually the only ones doing something while the crew just stands arround.

So that such a basic function could become usefull in both, space and ground.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I like the idea. A script that allows us to send NPCs to interact would be fine in general, for example to send our BOs on ground to actually DO SOMETHING.

Bad enough the the ADMIRALS lead every away team.... they are actually the only ones doing something while the crew just stands arround.

So that such a basic function could become usefull in both, space and ground.
That also bugged me. Those exploration missions where you have to use certai consoles on a station - you bring a complete away team, yet they are totally obsolete, just watching you fixing things XD

I'd love to see letting them use things, collect anomalies etc. Maybe there could be missions where you HAVE to let one of you team stay back and operate something. Then you had to adapt your tactics in case you encounter hostiles etc.

As for the anomalies: Having to hunt down 5 anomalies in exp-missions is a bit tedious to me. If the area seems to be safe, why not launch shuttles and let your crew (from which you have like THOUSAND people anyway) do the routine work while you take care of the important stuff ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-26-2011, 11:44 PM
The Doff system has explore missions that award anomalies. It's not as much as if you were doing explore missions or cruising the exploration clusters for them, but you can still get a pretty good haul over time.
IIRC the missions take 30 minutes a piece and use one Doff. So, pretty quick mission, pretty small crew required.